Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also sold my $40k MYSR for $58k after driving it for a year and placed an order for a MYP. I sold it before the tax credit was announced but I already made my profit so I don't feel bad on taking delivery now and missing the tax credit.
It's so insane. I'm out of pocket $4,100 or something after tax to go from my old car to a Red/White Performance. That's like I spent $195/mo on the LR... you couldn't even lease for near that. Plus hopefully 2 year better battery tech (honestly not much might have changed, but who knows, maybe if they bump to 300kW peak recent delivered cars will be able to handle that too), reset the warranty, and get a number of new little goodies. Hopefully matrix headlights will be a software update and they don't determine that hardware needs to be changed/added to make them work. Oh, and bioweapon!

It's so insane. I'm out of pocket $4,100 or something after tax to go from my old car to a Red/White Performance. That's like I spent $195/mo on the LR... you couldn't even lease for near that. Plus hopefully 2 year better battery tech (honestly not much might have changed, but who knows, maybe if they bump to 300kW peak recent delivered cars will be able to handle that too), reset the warranty, and get a number of new little goodies. Hopefully matrix headlights will be a software update and they don't determine that hardware needs to be changed/added to make them work. Oh, and bioweapon!
The Matrix already work as is seen in the light show with the word "TESLA". But you'll be getting a more refined vehicle overall.

I also sold my $40k MYSR for $58k after driving it for a year and placed an order for a MYP. I sold it before the tax credit was announced but I already made my profit so I don't feel bad on taking delivery now and missing the tax credit.
Same, Sold my car in May and I do not need a tax credit So Im good. Not sure what other people that would really benefit from it would do. I think it will have to pass before anyone takes it seriously and anyone that has waited forever is not going to change there minds easily. New orders might be effected but by then how many months will be left in the year.

What does that even mean
Checked in at Tesla today and was informed my "soft date" moved from 8/8 to 8/15 and delivery on 8/16. We'll see about that. My EDD in app is still 8/15-8/29.
My SA was not there and the guy I spoke with said as soon as the app would let me upload my insurance I should so my profile is complete. He said in CA they only need current insurance not necessarily linked to the new car.
The SA also said that if you live within a 35 mile radius of a SC your method of pick up defaults to delivery. I asked to pick up at the SC and he updated it but said it may not stick.
Thought I'd share for whatever that's worth. 🤷

Checked in at Tesla today and was informed my "soft date" moved from 8/8 to 8/15 and delivery on 8/16. We'll see about that. My EDD in app is still 8/15-8/29.
My SA was not there and the guy I spoke with said as soon as the app would let me upload my insurance I should so my profile is complete. He said in CA they only need current insurance not necessarily linked to the new car.
The SA also said that if you live within a 35 mile radius of a SC your method of pick up defaults to delivery. I asked to pick up at the SC and he updated it but said it may not stick.
Thanks for the info and good luck! Does that mean you will get a VIN on the 15th now and delivery on the 16th.

Same, Sold my car in May and I do not need a tax credit So Im good. Not sure what other people that would really benefit from it would do. I think it will have to pass before anyone takes it seriously and anyone that has waited forever is not going to change there minds easily. New orders might be effected but by then how many months will be left in the year.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw it signed in the next two weeks… dems have the house locked up and it’ll fly by there fast. Then uncle Joe just needs to sign…

I asked my SA for my soft date. Here’s his reply.

Hi James, your current delivery window is August 15 - August 29, we do not have any other information outside of that window. Other advisors might provide personal estimates based off of what they have been seeing but they are still just best guesses until you get matched to a VIN from our factory.

You can expect to take delivery within about 10-14 days after being matched to a VIN in most cases.