Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw it signed in the next two weeks… dems have the house locked up and it’ll fly by there fast. Then uncle Joe just needs to sign…
Any Idea if tesla currently gets all their battery material in the USA. I could be wrong but I think its in the Senate version of the bill. I read it could take years for a lot of EV manufactures to comply. I know Tesla just signed a Big US deal, but I'm not sure if they currently are 100% USA?

I was thinking maybe you gotta ask in person. they may not want to have it out there in writing
I tend to agree. I sent an email with some questions including my SA's thought on getting a VIN and instead of emailing back she called me from her personal cell to tell me what build date estimate she was seeing some system. She said that my car should start production the next day and I would get a VIN match then... one day later I had VIN. But it was clear that this was a "off-the-record" discussion and she acknowledged that it could change (CYA). But take it with a grain of salt... it is just one anecdotal data point.

Reactions: Socalfarmhouse
Well all been following along for a while and I finally picked her up this morning.
Fit and finish is perfect. One small paintless dent front rocker panel they made a note of and I have appointment to have it fixed.

So far everything else is perfect!!!

Attachments

• 20220808_115356.jpg
    20220808_115356.jpg
    719.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20220808_115406.jpg
    20220808_115406.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220808_115413.jpg
    20220808_115413.jpg
    766.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220808_115427.jpg
    20220808_115427.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 67
Any Idea if tesla currently gets all their battery material in the USA. I could be wrong but I think its in the Senate version of the bill. I read it could take years for a lot of EV manufactures to comply. I know Tesla just signed a Big US deal, but I'm not sure if they currently are 100% USA?
I found another article that said they can get the battery materials from other countries with a free trade agreement With the USA as well, and this provision wouldn't start until 2024. A game changer in the new bill is that the tax credit can be applied point of sale if it's a dealer. But since everyones taxes are different I'm not real sure how that is supposed to work. They give you $7500 off and if your credit isn't that much you owe it back in taxes?

I found another article that said they can get the battery materials from other countries with a free trade agreement With the USA as well, and this provision wouldn't start until 2024. A game changer in the new bill is that the tax credit can be applied point of sale if it's a dealer. But since everyones taxes are different I'm not real sure how that is supposed to work. They give you $7500 off and if your credit isn't that much you owe it back in taxes?
I believe the new one is a refundable credit, so you get the full amount regardless of your personal tax situation.

Well all been following along for a while and I finally picked her up this morning.
Fit and finish is perfect. One small paintless dent front rocker panel they made a note of and I have appointment to have it fixed.

So far everything else is perfect!!!
What's the VIN range for yours? I've been matched with 510xxx and am hoping for just as good quality as you! (minus the dent, lol)

On this subject the bill does state "
The term ‘domestic content qualifications’ means,
7 with respect to any model of a new qualified plug8
in electric vehicle, that vehicles of that model are
9 powered by battery cells which are manufactured in
10 the United States as certified by the manufacturer
11 at such time and in such form and manner as the
12 Secretary may prescribe.

So the question is if one waits will they even qualify for the credit?

I canceled my MYP order. I don’t need the car right now, and with the tax credit and new EVs coming out from other manufacturers, I’m taking a wait and see approach until next year.
Our MYLR will do just fine for now.
Whats that process like? Ive seen the request to cancel. Curious what happens when you request it? You didnt want to try and push it tell the new year by switching to MYLR?

Whats that process like? Ive seen the request to cancel. Curious what happens when you request it? You didnt want to try and push it tell the new year by switching to MYLR?
Very simple process. Just hit the request to cancel, select your reason from a pull down, and confirm.
I thought about switching to a LR to delay delivery, but with the EV competition heating up, I’m not sure my next one will be a Tesla. And if they raise prices again, that would only confirm my decision to buy something else.

Holy cow, this might actually happen. I was able to contact Tesla today (NOT EASY) and get the trade in correctly valued and tax calculated correct (LOL at $440 in tax, by far the lowest I've ever paid on a new car ;) ) and get a new MVPA generated. I was approved for the loan with my out of state 3rd party lender all via email today (3.25% for 84 months) and now all I need to come together is them to fund it tomorrow and be able to pay by ACH or wire transfer, and of course for the car to not be a reject. I'm crossing my fingers so much that the car looks great and the previous person just stepped away because they couldn't get financing (right around when interest changed) or they're holding out for the tax credit.

From being told "SURPRISE! We have a car for you" last Wednesday to possibly picking up the car tomorrow AND two of the days being weekends, this is by far the fastest I've ever moved with a car purchase!

Now to get rid of the Uberturbines... anyone in Seattle want to trade some Inductions for them, or maybe Gemini's? 🤣

Reactions: Socalfarmhouse
Holy cow, this might actually happen. I was able to contact Tesla today (NOT EASY) and get the trade in correctly valued and tax calculated correct (LOL at $440 in tax, by far the lowest I've ever paid on a new car ;) ) and get a new MVPA generated. I was approved for the loan with my out of state 3rd party lender all via email today (3.25% for 84 months) and now all I need to come together is them to fund it tomorrow and be able to pay by ACH or wire transfer, and of course for the car to not be a reject. I'm crossing my fingers so much that the car looks great and the previous person just stepped away because they couldn't get financing (right around when interest changed) or they're holding out for the tax credit.

From being told "SURPRISE! We have a car for you" last Wednesday to possibly picking up the car tomorrow AND two of the days being weekends, this is by far the fastest I've ever moved with a car purchase!

Now to get rid of the Uberturbines... anyone in Seattle want to trade some Inductions for them, or maybe Gemini's? 🤣
How do you know the car you’re getting was a previous delivery?

How do you know the car you’re getting was a previous delivery?
Because last Tuesday I was showing mid Sep to mid Oct delivery, then Wed morning I had a VIN assigned and was asked if I could schedule delivery. They were wondering if I could come in Friday or Saturday to get the car. It was never in transport for me. So either someone dropped out as soon as a VIN was assigned to them or missed the delivery window (which Tesla is threatening me with right now) or they saw the car and refused it....

Because last Tuesday I was showing mid Sep to mid Oct delivery, then Wed morning I had a VIN assigned and was asked if I could schedule delivery. They were wondering if I could come in Friday or Saturday to get the car. It was never in transport for me. So either someone dropped out as soon as a VIN was assigned to them or missed the delivery window (which Tesla is threatening me with right now) or they saw the car and refused it....
Maybe they dropped out because of the tax credit?

That’s awesome, happy for you! Who was your lender?

That’s awesome, happy for you! Who was your lender?

Found them a couple years ago based on feedback here. They had amazing rates (as low as 1.99% out to 84 months for awhile!). They’ve gone up some, but still really competitive. I’m a little annoyed I wasn’t able to get into the top best rate… would’ve been able to by October which was my original estimation… but whatever, it’s like $13/mo. My concern was a low monthly debt burden in case I try to get into a house in the next year or so… with these stupid markets sometimes literally every dollar matters. I can always pay way more monthly whenever.

I wouldn’t normally recommend 84 month loans if that’s the only way you can afford it. In my case I’m paying under $400/mo 🤣

Reactions: RCHume