Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommend a solar company in Orange County

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a good solar provider to propose a PV system for a new house in Huntington Beach, starting construction in fall.

I have talked to Sullivan Solar and Semper Solaris, both San Diego based, but who work in OC as well. Anyone have experience with those two?

What company have you used and would recommend? (Solar City is not an acceptable answer.)

Thanks

I would have recommended Heliopower but since they did a great job on my initial system as well as the expansion. But I can't recommend them anymore after they are now filing for Chapter 11 reorganization.

Sometimes who NOT TO USE might be helpful. Considerations of going belly should be a part of the analysis.

• Informative
Reactions: brucet999
We used Semper Solaris in 2015. They did a great job on the install and have been very responsive when the inverter would lose internet connection. Have nothing but positives to say regarding their installation and ongoing support.

There is a fellow Tesla owner (Danny Wang) that owns Simple Solar Energy (in OC). They did my system 3.5 years ago and my break even period will be the end of this year. When priced right, Solar is a great investment. They also installed a system for my cousins house.

Try 888-891-6888

There is a fellow Tesla owner (Danny Wang) that owns Simple Solar Energy (in OC). They did my system 3.5 years ago and my break even period will be the end of this year. When priced right, Solar is a great investment. They also installed a system for my cousins house.

Try 888-891-6888

I'm looking for a good solar provider to propose a PV system for a new house in Huntington Beach, starting construction in fall.
Solar Max did my install in Hermosa Beach 2 1/2 years ago and followup service has been excellent.
SolarMax Technology

Try 888-891-6888
Apparently, the solar downturn got to him. "Number no longer in service"

• Informative
Reactions: tezzla
I'm currently getting a system installed by Nexgen Solar, Eric (the owner of the company) has been fantastic to work with, so far everything has been great:

Solar Energy Sales and Service for Southern California - NexGen Construction

NexGen Construction - Los Alamitos, CA

If your're really considering solar, you really need to hurry up to make sure you stay on NEM 1.0, pls PM me, if you do decide to go with Nexgen as I believe they have a "referral".

Also, his team is going to install my 14-50 and upgrade my service panel.

I'm currently getting a system installed by Nexgen Solar, Eric (the owner of the company) has been fantastic to work with, so far everything has been great:

Solar Energy Sales and Service for Southern California - NexGen Construction

NexGen Construction - Los Alamitos, CA

If your're really considering solar, you really need to hurry up to make sure you stay on NEM 1.0, pls PM me, if you do decide to go with Nexgen as I believe they have a "referral".

Also, his team is going to install my 14-50 and upgrade my service panel.
Not considering; definitely going to install. New construction and it won't start until September or October, so no chance to get into NEM1.0