TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Recommendation for an electrician in South Bay?

Discussion in 'California' started by Jmotto, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Jmotto

Jmotto New Member

Can anyone recommend an electrician to I stall an HPWC in the Bay Area? I live in Mountain View.

2. thehunt

thehunt Member

I only had the 14-50 installed but called Henry from California Power & Light. I highly recommend him. His number is (408) 776-3835..

3. Norcalgal

Norcalgal Member

I recommend Dollen Electric 408-929-6100. They didn't install a HPWC only a 14-50, but he did a good job. We live in Sunnyvale

4. apt0sr0b

apt0sr0b Member

Chris with Coastline Electric in Santa Cruz. He installed my HPWC in my Garage. He did the breaker work, was able to use existing conduit, dug a small trench in a planter area, punched through the wall with conduit, and mounted nice on the inside, put dirt back neatly, cleaned up nice. We walked through the test dip switches so I could see that it worked per the HPWC's instructions. He was half the cost of the company that Tesla/Solar City sent out to bid the job, and they weren't going to do any clean up/finish work.