Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

recommendation for in-wall mounting box for Hubble NEMA 14-50 outlet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - just gathering parts to put this in my garage. I want to mount it in the wall vs on the surface, so I was looking at the various boxes. I know I need a 2-gang box, but went a bit glassy-eyed at the options and no one in Home Depot to ask. I feel like the usual blue plastic "old work" box probably isn't going to cut it for the 6g. What's a good recommendation for that? I'm comfortable doing the work, as long as I know what I'm using meets code. Thanks!

Seems like part of the problem is no one has them - I was thinking something like this - Carlon B225R-UPC 2-Gang 25 cu. in. Blue PVC Old Work Electrical Switch and Outlet Box which of course they don't have at Lowes or Home Depot, and most online places are out of stock.

Seems like it will work, since it has the knockout for a 3/4" cable clamp whereas many of the other blue zip boxes I've used in the past just had the plastic tabs which won't accommodate up to 6ga.

Any thoughts on the externally mounted ones? I'll do a search real quick as well but happy for any thoughts on either the box or the surface mount receptacle.