Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for portable (12v) tire pump

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the one offered by Tesla: Tire Repair Kit

EF02724D-9549-438A-BFFF-E39D766F8874.jpeg

Reactions: MattMac
Just got the DeWalt tire pump. It comes with the 12 volt cable, can be used with a DeWalt 20 volt battery or you can buy a 120 volt adapter. The tire pressure guage on the pump seems to be reasonably accurate and it does fill the tire to the dialed in amount. I bought the 120 volt adapter and have only used that so far.

One other thing it has a seperate high volume output for blowing up floates. I have not tried that yet.

Reactions: Harvey Danger
I bought this in 2010:
Viair 00073 70P Heavy Duty Portable Compressor

The purchase was based off of recommendations in an Infiniti forum, and it has been serving me well ever since. I use it each time I switch between winter and summer tires and each time any tire is getting low during the season.

If you plug it into the 12VDC outlet in the back of the vehicle, be aware that outlet it will shut off after a relatively short period of time if you don't leave some other door open (the hatch in the Model S's that I have driven will turn on all the electronics [so presumably it would also keep them on], but the hatch in the X doesn't [turn them on or keep them on]).