Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation to Mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mods - having watched this thread for many years now, there is a common theme - new posters come on there, list their car for sale, and disappear forever, never answering questions or giving updates on the status of the car.

My first recommendation would be to set a minimum # of posts in order to list your car for sale. I would think 20 would be a good number.

Secondly (and less important of the two), would it possible to provide a listing template where sellers can cut/paste that template into a post, and fill in their info? So many sellers either totally omit pertinent information, or simply forget. Seems the template (with some instructions on how/what to include in the posting) could be a sticky.

Bonus recommendation I just thought of. Other sites I have been on that have similar selling forums have a way to mark your items as "Sold". The puts a "SOLD" sign on the post title where it is listed in the forum. This will help with 2 things - one when people dredge up a 3 month old listing (where the seller has already posted that the car is sold) and says, "Is it still available?". It also saves people a lot of time clicking on a thread and reading through it, only to see that near the end, the car is no longer available.

I appreciate having a place to view cars being sold by Tesla owners so I am surely not complaining. I just feel that it could be improved greatly.

There is a tab to mark your item as sold, most just don't come back once their car is sold and edit the ad.

It would also be nice for the OP to be able to edit their listing at any time, not just 30 minutes after they post it. If I was selling a car on this site I would like to be able to delete the thread once the car is sold not just list it as sold.

I don't know about that 20 post requirement. I have been reading this forum for more than 3 years. Never registered or posted because I never really had anything to add.

When I decided to sell my car I registered and listed it. If there had been a 20 post requirement I would have found threads to post "nice car" or "+1" or "cool" or some other useless posts just to hit 20.

I agree that people should have the courtesy to update their marketplace listings.