Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Apps and Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Looks like my Model 3 will be arriving next week and I want to do everything possible to make sure that I am as prepped as possible.

Are there any apps that would be recommended for new owners?

Any accessories and addons that you would recommend for the vehicle?

Thanks!

Apps:
Plugshare - help you locate charging options near by. Including Tesla
Super chargers and 3rd party charging options some free some pay for use.

Chargepoint - 3rd party LV2 charging station app. You will need the app and set-up a free account to use the charges. Some are pay for use others may be free. The university I work at has free ones all over campus.

A Better Routeplanner for planning longer trips. (Tesla's in car routing doesn't allow for multiple way points for planning)

TeslaFi TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger This gives you tons of info/data from your car. You can check it out with free trial then there is paid subscription service.

Accessories:

A good set of floor mats (your preference and style)

If you have a phone that does wireless charging then a 3rd party add-on is cheaper than the Tesla one they just started selling.
I have this one Dual Qi Wireless Phone Charger for Tesla Model 3 Has worked great. There re others out there and I'm sure others will chime in with their preferences as well.

Congrats on the car!

Hi

You can try our new all weather floor mats for Model 3. They have been very well received by the market and everyone who has bought them loves them for the quality and value. Most importantly, you are getting the right amount of protection for what is expected from a set of all weather mats.

Now they are on special for $79.99 on amazon. You can check out the forum responses.

Vendor - Road Comforts All Weather Custom Fit Mats - $79.99 for Model 3

link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4

Thanks!

Reactions: James88
If you are security-minded and jealously guard access to your Tesla account and do not wish to give your credentials to third parties (such as TeslaFi), there is a free, self-hosted alternative called Teslamate which is up on GitHub which offers a comparable level of detail, although you do not get the benefit of data aggregation with other drivers.