Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Electrician for Northern VA/Virginia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 3 quotes for the work and they were ALL over the map (+/- $1000). I had the same installation as you w/ a NEMA 14-50 running a 50A circuit. In the end I went with Kolb Electric and they did a great job.

Thanks everyone! Yeah I'm getting prices way too varied. All I need is a 5 foot install from my main panel in the garage ... should be relatively easy to me =/

- - - Updated - - -

Did you guys get a Permit? I'm in Solarcity is trying to charge me $300 for a permit lol

As an out of market point of reference (CT), I had a similar situation as you with a 10 ft horizontal run from panel to garage. My electrician did the following:
Add a 50A breaker to the box
Run conduit out of the panel, conceal in the ceiling and drop to 48" height
Run wiring
Install 14-50 outlet and box on an existing support pole
Extra: installed a breaker and NEMA 5-20R outlet right next to panel (as long he was out here)
Total cost: $385

Fwiw, I got quotes from Murphy, Kolb and Root. Murphy quoted the lowest price, but it was over the phone--they seemed reluctant to come out and actually look.

I went with Root. They weren't too far off Murphy, and they came out, looked around and provided some good input on where to put everything.

Had a 14-50 put in at the driveway in back and a 5-20 put in on the light pole in front. Total was about $1500, but each was at least a 30' run from the panel.

• Informative
Reactions: Alsan B