Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recs for good interior leather protector and sealant product?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i want to apply some protectant and sealant to the leather seats and leather panel areas in the interior.

anyone using anything they like and recommend? by the way, i have the black standard interior.

i was looking at this product but never heard of this brand before: Migliore Leather Armor: Extreme Protection Leather Coating and Sealant https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GAUTRK2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_R0mgBb6JSW7XN

The leather in the Tesla isn't real cow so keep that in mind. I have always used adams or zaino for leather products. Autogeek usually has some good sales on top products

https://www.autogeek.net/leathercare.html

Nothing really to protect I actually like the fake leather over what had n P85D as that required maintenance ...just get a nice tint (photosync ) and you will be fine ..,for reference I’m in SoCal and also live part time in Indian Wells with no issues in desert heat

I've always used zaino's leather in a bottle. However, I was told that since the teslas have engineered leather, the maintenance is less and doesn't require treatment. I don't know how the leather protectants work with fake leather, so I was going to just play it by ear when I get mine. Reactively wipe down stains with a microfiber cloth and some water, and see if I need to actually treat them.

but if you insist on a cleaner/polish for leather, I love leather in a bottle.

I've always used zaino's leather in a bottle. However, I was told that since the teslas have engineered leather, the maintenance is less and doesn't require treatment. I don't know how the leather protectants work with fake leather, so I was going to just play it by ear when I get mine. Reactively wipe down stains with a microfiber cloth and some water, and see if I need to actually treat them.

but if you insist on a cleaner/polish for leather, I love leather in a bottle.

Exactly, it likely takes less maintenance especially the white as it is stain resistant. I would def give it a top coat for ease of cleaning but do I think you need to have the 3 step process, no.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Came here to say this, also black was one of the last options to go vegan
I have had my X since early 2016 with White Vegan leather (ventilated seats) with two kids (now 12 and 10). In 2.5 yrs, never had to apply any protection or covers on the seat, 38K miles on the car and seats are still perfect. Did clean it a few times with soft cloth and warm water. (Probably 4 times in over 2 yrs), hence I have another X100D on order with White interior again. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Kacey Green