Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not receiving loyalty credits and Tesla is telling me to kick rocks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered another Tesla and the loot box says Model 3's qualify for 3.5k credits. Although I was logged in to my account, I paid with Apple Pay, and as some people may know after having done this, this will tie your whole order to your Apple Pay email and not your Tesla account. Tesla said this was no problem and that this happens all the time. After fixing the email problem and taking delivery I notice there is no mention of the loyalty credits in the app. So at this point, of course the following happens:
  • Any and all advisors I've been dealing with go ghost
  • Ownership Loyalty gives me an email that is no longer monitored
  • The representatives I get by calling the main Tesla number say too bad
Although I do understand WHY the credits are not showing up (the reservation was put on the wrong email and technically transferred), I don't understand what I can try at this point as Tesla has admitted their mistake multiple times but are also not being too helpful here. I made sure I was logged in to my Tesla account when ordering and I basically got screwed in the end. Anyone have experience with this?

Based on what you know, is it better to order the new vehicle from the existing account, or make a referral to another account and buy the vehicle from that account?
this will be second order and vehicle will be used for another household.

just trying to find which option give me more beneficial.

I didn't think that self-purchases were allowed for referrals.

Is it really worth the stress for 2 pairs of Tesla Short Shorts?
Thew new referral system has a Loyalty tab.

As long as you used the same email as your Tesla account, you automatically get the credit.

Earn Loyalty Credits
Existing owners may automatically earn Loyalty Credits when they purchase additional qualifying Tesla products using the same Tesla Account. Loyalty Credits are automatically granted subject to the referral cap — there is no referral code or link needed.
To earn Loyalty Credits:
  1. Go to your Loot Box located in the Tesla app.
  2. Tap ‘Loyalty’ on the Credits screen to view qualifying products.
  3. Purchase the Tesla product of your choice using your email associated with your existing Tesla products.
  4. After you place the order, credits will automatically appear as ‘pending’ in your Loot Box until the Grant Date.
To earn Loyalty Credits, you must own (or have previously owned) a qualifying product, and your subsequent purchase of an additional qualifying product must be made using the same Tesla Account. Credits cannot be transferred between accounts — even if you own both.
If an existing owner attempts to order through a referral link (whether their own or a friend’s), they will not qualify for Buyer Credits, nor will the referrer qualify for Referral Credits, because the buyer is already part of the Tesla community. Instead, the owner automatically earns Loyalty Credits.

If I refer a friend how many credits offered for the referral?

If I use the same account to purchase additional car, how much credits earned as loyalty credits?

It shows that if your friend placed the order by using your link you will:
  • You’ll receive 20,000 Referral Credits.

but couldn't' find how much loyalty credits I can earn by buying it from the same account.

I'm picking up a Model 3 today after buying a Model Y a few months ago. I got nothing in my loot box. Maybe I'll get something after pickup. I'm also supposed to get 3 months of free supercharging. If I have to talk to someone to get this, forget it. Not worth spending 4 hours on the phone for this.

I thought that if you are an owner who buys another Tesla you get all the points, whereas referrals are split between the two.
(I though that's how Bjørn Nyland explained it.) But maybe that was for certain purchases in Europe.
It may be in this program, it hasn't always in the past.

But is the availability of points going to make a purchase / no purchase difference? Send yourself a referral and just see what happens. You may be able to get some Tesla short shorts, you may not.

Completely understand Tesla Referral process towards completing with provided link. Somehow points were not fulfilled on a couple occasions yet $500 purchase discounts were clearly applied.

Situation 1: I was the Referral, my buddy the one who sent the Referral. I used his referral link to complete my purchase recieving $500 discount on my MYLR. It's been a month and he has not recieved his points. Did not get an email nor did I show up on the Tesla App.

Sitaution 2: I was the one who sent the Referral, and another buddy was the Referral. He followed the order process completing the purchase confirming my name $500 discount was applied to his MYLR. I did not recieve points nor an Email or his name in my Tesla App. However, I was reminded to remind him to complete the referral.

Sending an email to [email protected] is no longer working as it's been depreciated. We all reached out to Tesla directly for a resolution. Pending...

1693500588882.png

Has anyone else experienced this?

TIN FOIL HAT:
Can Tesla SA's (Sales Associates) or those who manage pick up modify Referrals post purchase before delivery? A bit sus when we get our $500 discounts yet those who Referred didn't recieve points.

• Informative
Reactions: NotForResale
Completely understand Tesla Referral process towards completing with provided link. Somehow points were not fulfilled on a couple occasions yet $500 purchase discounts were clearly applied.

Situation 1: I was the Referral, my buddy the one who sent the Referral. I used his referral link to complete my purchase recieving $500 discount on my MYLR. It's been a month and he has not recieved his points. Did not get an email nor did I show up on the Tesla App.

Sitaution 2: I was the one who sent the Referral, and another buddy was the Referral. He followed the order process completing the purchase confirming my name $500 discount was applied to his MYLR. I did not recieve points nor an Email or his name in my Tesla App. However, I was reminded to remind him to complete the referral.

Sending an email to [email protected] is no longer working as it's been depreciated. We all reached out to Tesla directly for a resolution. Pending...

View attachment 969777

TIN FOIL HAT:
Can Tesla SA's (Sales Associates) or those who manage pick up modify Referrals post purchase before delivery? A bit sus when we get our $500 discounts yet those who Referred didn't recieve points.
This happened to me with a friend a couple of weeks ago….not sure what to do and can’t seem to reach anyone or get an answer.

This happened to me with a friend a couple of weeks ago….not sure what to do and can’t seem to reach anyone or get an answer.
Situation 2:
We reached out to the facility by buddy picked up his car. He managed to connect with Tesla Team to confirm I was the person who referred him. (Confirmed) He was told to wait 3-4 weeks for an update. Currently pending.

Situation 1:
I've also sent Tesla Twitter (X) DM, awaiting response. I too will go back to the facility I picked up my car to sort out referral points for other buddy who referred me.

Between you and your buddy, I recommend both reach out to the facility he picked up his car to confirm you referred then escalate for the points.

View attachment 969777

TIN FOIL HAT:
I had the same issue. Just got model Y and used the referral link, I got $500 off but my friend didn’t get the referral credit.

You didn't mention it so I'll ask: Did you already own a Tesla before you used your buddy's referral? Did the person you referred already own a Tesla? If so, there are no referral points to earn, they just get the loyalty discount. (The points are only for referring new to Tesla customers.)

You didn't mention it so I'll ask: Did you already own a Tesla before you used your buddy's referral? Did the person you referred already own a Tesla? If so, there are no referral points to earn, they just get the loyalty discount. (The points are only for referring new to Tesla customers.)
Great question! Did not own a Tesla vehicle before, however we do have solar formerly Solar City now Tesla. The person I referred did not own any Tesla product prior either.