Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not receiving loyalty credits and Tesla is telling me to kick rocks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Near immediately. It shows as "Pending" when they place their order, then you get the credits the day of pickup.

I'd say your friend didn't use your referral link. Perhaps they forgot, or they clicked it, but then went browsing the web and got caught by an ad with malicious JavaScript that injected someone else's referral code. Someone has already found many of these are happening through malicious ads.

Tesla's not going to correct this. It's too late. Did your friend get the $500 discount? That's how you can confirm if they used one at all. And if it's not in your account, it wasn't yours.
A great reply..... and I assume the purchaser was NOT already a Tesla customer. Otherwise, referral credits won't be paid although the purchaser still gets a discount.

Reactions: hyp36rmax
Turns out even though he used my link and saw my name when going to make the final purchase, someone else’s referral ending up getting used instead.

Very frustrating as these criminals are robbing people out of around $500 every time they succeed.
Can you explain more what you mean about the $500. The buyer never loses the $500 discount if that is what you mean. And referral credits have varying value depending on what you buy with them.

EDIT:
I should add that the discount also is not always $500. Sometimes it changes to $250 for the buyer.

Can you explain more what you mean about the $500. The buyer never loses the $500 discount if that is what you mean. And referral credits have varying value depending on what you buy with them.

EDIT:
I should add that the discount also is not always $500. Sometimes it changes to $250 for the buyer.

I got one referral and it bought me acceleration boost, valued by Tesla at $2k. But most of the physical goods probably are around the $500 mark. One wall connector (although it used to almost buy 2 wall connectors).

Everytime someone buys a wall connector from Amazon or eBay, they're rewarding the referral thieves.

Last edited:
I got one referral and it bought me acceleration boost, valued by Tesla at $2k. But most of the physical good probably are around the $500 mark. One wall connector (although it used to almost buy 2 wall connectors).
Right, we have LOTS of referral credits and we have noticed the value of things change regularly. Like you say..... recently the wall charger requires about twice the credits that it did a couple months ago when I got a second one.

A great reply..... and I assume the purchaser was NOT already a Tesla customer. Otherwise, referral credits won't be paid although the purchaser still gets a discount.
Hmm my sister used my code, got $500 off her M3, she traded in her old M3 to Tesla at the same time but I never got the points! She spoke to her SA and the manager was looking into it but no response! Guessing I can expect to never see those points? Boo.

Hmm my sister used my code, got $500 off her M3, she traded in her old M3 to Tesla at the same time but I never got the points! She spoke to her SA and the manager was looking into it but no response! Guessing I can expect to never see those points? Boo.
Existing Tesla owners can't use a referral link. So them purchasing a new Tesla doesn't get anyone referral points. (They just automatically got the "loyalty" discount.)

Reactions: father_of_6
Existing Tesla owners can't use a referral link. So them purchasing a new Tesla doesn't get anyone referral points. (They just automatically got the "loyalty" discount.)

Yeah, she may have clicked your link, but as an existing owner she just got the $500 loyalty discount.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Got my SA to check, he said my correct referral link was attached to both sales, (I'm missing points from 2 referrals, one is a friend). He is going to escalate it. Well...one can hope I'll get some points!
she traded in her old M3 to Tesla at the same time

For your sister, you arent getting anything. This was already said, but your sister "trading in her old M3 at the same time" means she already was in the "Tesla Family" so its not possible for anyone to refer her.

If the other person also has ANYTHING from tesla at all (cars, solar, batteries), then you wont get anything from that one either. They have to be completely new to Tesla.

If the other person also has ANYTHING from tesla at all (cars, solar, batteries), then you wont get anything from that one either. They have to be completely new to Tesla.
Not sure why this is so hard of a concept for people to understand. If you refer someone who is in the Tesla ecosystem, you will not get any points. Stop asking where your referral points are.

For your sister, you arent getting anything. This was already said, but your sister "trading in her old M3 at the same time" means she already was in the "Tesla Family" so its not possible for anyone to refer her.

ohhhhhhhh!!!!! did not realize it was for new Tesla customers only for me to get the referral points.

I'm in the boat where I'm not seeing my Loyalty credits. We bought an inventory Tesla in December 2023, but nothing is showing in my account. I used my same Tesla account to purchase.

My SA said he would check on it, but I have heard crickets in 2 weeks. I just emailed him again to check in on new temporary tags and Loyalty credits.

I'm in the boat where I'm not seeing my Loyalty credits. We bought an inventory Tesla in December 2023, but nothing is showing in my account. I used my same Tesla account to purchase.

My SA said he would check on it, but I have heard crickets in 2 weeks. I just emailed him again to check in on new temporary tags and Loyalty credits.
For me, the loyalty credit showed up as a referral credit. Since you get only one or the other, it doesn't really matter what they call it. So you might want to check to see if you got a referral credit.

For me, the loyalty credit showed up as a referral credit. Since you get only one or the other, it doesn't really matter what they call it. So you might want to check to see if you got a referral credit.
It’s showing as nothing. When I look back at previous programs, it does show my referral from 2018.

Attachments

• IMG_1098.png
    IMG_1098.png
    128 KB · Views: 27
It’s showing as nothing. When I look back at previous programs, it does show my referral from 2018.
No, not there.

Take a look at the final price sheet for your vehicle. On the tesla.com website, your account dashboard. You should see "1. Total Vehicle Price" with sections A, B, and C. Section C should have your loyalty credit as "C. Other: Order Adjustment".

You should also see "B. Other: Price Adjustment" with whatever discount you may have gotten for buying an inventory vehicle.

At least that's how mine looks.

No, not there.

Take a look at the final price sheet for your vehicle. On the tesla.com website, your account dashboard. You should see "1. Total Vehicle Price" with sections A, B, and C. Section C should have your loyalty credit as "C. Other: Order Adjustment".

You should also see "B. Other: Price Adjustment" with whatever discount you may have gotten for buying an inventory vehicle.

At least that's how mine looks.
Thanks for that clarification. I do see B with the price discount of ~$2600. Line C shows N/A and $0. I guess they didn’t apply it for some reason.

Thanks for that clarification. I do see B with the price discount of ~$2600. Line C shows N/A and $0. I guess they didn’t apply it for some reason.
If you were already a Tesla vehicle owner with an account when you bought it, they should have. If you were not, and got a referral, then you should have gotten a referral discount. As it's a fairly new thing, they might have screwed up if your situation is weird. Let us know how it turns out when you pursue it.

I don't know what the fine print says. The safest thing is to get a referral and if they think you're already an owner they'll give you the loyalty award instead. Weird situations might be things like having a Tesla account because you made one for no particular reason, or maybe you rented a vehicle, or were the extra driver on somebody else's vehicle. Other weird situations might be that you own a Tesla that you bought used (not from Tesla), or that you used to own a Tesla but didn't when you bought this vehicle. How they treat all those various situations I don't know, and maybe they get some wrong.

Last edited: