Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refer and Earn Leasing Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received referral credits last month and was looking to spend them on my newly leased Model Y for the premium connectivity subscription. It seems after the most recent app update I can no longer access refer and earn at all and Tesla support is telling me this is because I have leased my vehicle and should rightfully no longer have access to refer and earn. Just wanted to check in and see if this is correct as my dad has done the same thing and can access refer and earn fine?

Also if it is right how can I spend my points before they expire as the points last for a year and my lease is for 2

I have a lease car, and we used the referral to purchase my wife’s car - I got the points on my lease car account, and am currently eating through the Supercharger miles I used them to get.

Guess the policy might have changed, or maybe it’s related to the particular lease company, as they are technically the owner and main account holder.

I don’t think it’s consistent. I lease both my cars, one thro work and one thro Lex and surprisingly received the loyalty credits after being told I wasn’t eligible.
I expect there is nothing staff can do either way, it’s all automated pot luck IMO.
Also, where do you redeem credits for premium? It says I have all the upgrades, but I don’t have premium so assumed it wasn’t an option.

Apologies for stating the obvious, but this isn't a simple case of the app navigation redesign is it? Before you had profile pic and the loot box, with the Loot Box being home to refer and earn. With the updated navigation you will now have a "hamburger menu" (three horizontal lines stacked) and Refer and Earn should appear under there.

If it isnt there, you are at the mercy of Tesla sadly.

Damn okay sounds like I'm out of luck then. My Dad has done the exact same as me and leased through Lex also and has the option for refer and earn still but when I go into the menu now all I have is Discover and Charge your other EV where he has the Refer and earn option also. Guess ill lose my 7500 points then

Damn okay sounds like I'm out of luck then. My Dad has done the exact same as me and leased through Lex also and has the option for refer and earn still but when I go into the menu now all I have is Discover and Charge your other EV where he has the Refer and earn option also. Guess ill lose my 7500 points then
Have you tried logging out and back in to the app, or deleting and reinstalling the app?

Those are my 2 go-to's for anything amiss with the app...and its the 2 things most app support 'engineers' will suggest before troubleshooting too.