Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refer and Earn menu: What is the difference between "Get started" on the Home tab, and the "Earn" tab?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Tesla app, if you tap on "Refer and Earn", it brings you to a new screen with a big "Get Started" button, and 4 tabs along the bottom: Home, Earn, Redeem, and History.

If I tap on "Get Started", the second option there says "Order a New Tesla Product", "Get 10,000 credits", and there I can order pretty much anything. Do I get 10,000 credits from ordering anything from the store?

If I tap on "Earn", I can refer or purchase a new Y, X, S (but not a 3) and get 7,500 credits.

Just wondering what is the difference between these two options.

Attachments

• IMG_8116.PNG
    IMG_8116.PNG
    132 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8117.PNG
    IMG_8117.PNG
    122.5 KB · Views: 6
The 7500 credits on the second screen is for referrals only, not purchasing (it doesn’t say anything about purchasing). The 10000 on the first screen is for purchasing a new Tesla. I don’t know if you get any credits for purchasing other items.
On the referral screen, there’s a “loyalty” tab where I could purchase a new Y, X, or S but not a 3, for the 7,500 credits. It’s somewhat confusing given the other option that says 10,000 credits but just takes you to a general shop screen.

Upvote 0
On the referral screen, there’s a “loyalty” tab where I could purchase a new Y, X, or S but not a 3, for the 7,500 credits. It’s somewhat confusing given the other option that says 10,000 credits but just takes you to a general shop screen.
Maybe the 10,000 credits is outdated and they just didn’t update the text on that screen.

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
Upvote 0