Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X GPS Drifting WILDLY. AP, and nav is unusable.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would recommend everyone here experiencing the GPS issue file a report with the NHTSA as the autopilot cruise speed is inferred from the map data. This is what I submitted in my report:

Good job! I just submitted to NHTSA.

Problem is fixed. If you want this dealt with easily:

1. When the GPS is miles off, do the bug report voice command, take note of the date, time, and location. Also take a picture of the screen and an app screenshot.

2. Request service, mention this thread, mention the cabin camera. And send the screenshots, photos, and let them know about the bug report.

3. This took a full business day for me, most of it was waiting for someone to work on the car. Actual work was an hour start to finish.

Dealing with the same issue on 2022 MXP. It is really sporadic. I'll go a week no issue, then do a 70mi drive where GPS is way off and navigation is unusable the entire drive. Then on the drive back it's normal. I have a service appointment scheduled 11/8 and mentioned this thread. I did the bug report and took photos. The changed my appointment from service center to mobile. Will report back on how it goes. Anyone have this fixed with a mobile appt?

I was also just about to hard wire my Valenentine V1 radar detector, but obviously will wait until after this service appointment. I kinda want to say to the tech, hey while you're in there :)

Dealing with the same issue on 2022 MXP. It is really sporadic. I'll go a week no issue, then do a 70mi drive where GPS is way off and navigation is unusable the entire drive. Then on the drive back it's normal. I have a service appointment scheduled 11/8 and mentioned this thread. I did the bug report and took photos. The changed my appointment from service center to mobile. Will report back on how it goes. Anyone have this fixed with a mobile appt?

I was also just about to hard wire my Valenentine V1 radar detector, but obviously will wait until after this service appointment. I kinda want to say to the tech, hey while you're in there :)
Please let us know what mobile tech says/does.

Repair done, will report back again after I drive a bit more.

Attachments

• EB7DB901-A422-49CD-A550-B2F48A5F8AFE.jpeg
    EB7DB901-A422-49CD-A550-B2F48A5F8AFE.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 278
Perfect. Thanks. Yes, please report back. I am going to ask for the same repair if your issue is resolved.
On a side note you can (in some cases) add on other small issues to the same appointment. I had them look at my speakers because I notice a bass rattle frequently (with deep loud bass, only some songs) in the back end and with a specific song a static sound up front. I have two child car seats and a mirror on a headrest so some of that stuff could be moving with the bass. I don’t have any “car rattles” so whatever it is is caused by bass vibrations and happens when the car is at rest. Anyway, they said all my speakers are good so it’s probably a child-related item. But I was happy they would address more than one issue.

The camera repair was quick, probably a 20-30 min job.

On a side note you can (in some cases) add on other small issues to the same appointment. I had them look at my speakers because I notice a bass rattle frequently (with deep loud bass, only some songs) in the back end and with a specific song a static sound up front. I have two child car seats and a mirror on a headrest so some of that stuff could be moving with the bass. I don’t have any “car rattles” so whatever it is is caused by bass vibrations and happens when the car is at rest. Anyway, they said all my speakers are good so it’s probably a child-related item. But I was happy they would address more than one issue.

The camera repair was quick, probably a 20-30 min job.

Any feedback regarding whether the camera change fixed your issue?