Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh S/X instrument cluster customization discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our new X LR has been in the body shop for the past few weeks so I've been driving the [Legacy] 2019 MS a lot more. The more I drive it, the more I long for the old instrument cluster customization options (especially the energy graph and tire pressure). Does anyone else here eagerly wait for the latest software update hoping that an updated customized instrument cluster feature in the release notes will magically appear or have all you refresh owners given up and/or just don't care?

My old neighbor was an Engineer on Tesla's vehicle software team so I reached out to him only to find out he moved to the Optimus team. Then I indirectly asked if he could hook me up with Elon Mode... Worth a shot. 💁‍♂️

I use that regularly and me and my wife have different setups, which I was pleased to note are saved as part of our profile.

Does the refresh instrument cluster still get the navigation on the left side, as well as on the big screen?
Yes but navigation and speedometer are the only options you have on the instrument cluster. Nav is on the big screen as well.

I sold my 2016 MX 75D and took deliveryin December on a 2023 MXLR. I DO love the huge upgrade I. Battery, range. Charging time, and soon much more.

However I do miss the customization possibilities on my 2016 dashboard.
What was the rationale to do so.

Also I like showing the rear camera mode while I'm driving, but now we cannot swipe off the left & right cameras. It's either all three or nothing .