Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$499?!? That seems way overpriced. You could easily do something yourself for way less using a couple bicycle hooks or something similar. In my mom's garage, we used a couple zip ties and a Tesla charging cradle to hold the plug.
I agree - there may be better options too - smaller versions. Also, you might just consider a 14-50 extension cord.. fairly cheap

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

I filmed for anyone wondering about the real user experience between the old and the new Model X!

Wanted to show how much Tesla improved in the last 5 years.

Subtitles are available, thanks again to the forum and everyone for the help :)
Great video. I was not aware of how to open the FWD in case of emergency. I'm a little concerned to be honest. Overall, the acting was great too.

Well on day 514, 17 months from my order date, I have been VINNED!! #NF3503XX EDD 6/24-6/28

LR, Red, White, 6 Seat, 20”, No FSD, Original OD 1/24/2021

Now the hoping and praying that the car comes in good condition. We unwisely took delivery of a MYP last September with a bad paint problem which they said they would fix as it requires a whole panel on the car to be repainted. To date they have not fixed it. Their reason, “The body shop is backed up”. If a Falcon door is not quite aligned, no big deal, but if their is a paint problem I will reject the car. Trying to stay positive though, as I have a recent VIN and hoping their QC is a little better now and thus I get a great car and delivery. 🤞
Don't think much about it, when it come in it should be good. Mine don't have any issues. Good luck 👍🏾

Reactions: Wooly1 and lexus26
I agree - there may be better options too - smaller versions. Also, you might just consider a 14-50 extension cord.. fairly cheap
I would try this retractable spring balancer 10lbs max with self locking mechanism option and some hooks or track trolley. https://www.amazon.com/Balancer-Retractable-Retractor-Self-Locking-Equipment/dp/B08HD3VX9Q/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=392VPGIFM68ZW&keywords=spring+balancer+retractable&qid=1655927135&sprefix=spring+balancer,aps,154&sr=8-4-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyRTkyMFlSRkswREw2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDUxMTcwMjlKR1dIOFBKMVRFTiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTU4ODQwN0RaQlVURDRIV0pPJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

1655927803729.png

Last edited:
Well on day 514, 17 months from my order date, I have been VINNED!! #NF3503XX EDD 6/24-6/28

LR, Red, White, 6 Seat, 20”, No FSD, Original OD 1/24/2021

Now the hoping and praying that the car comes in good condition. We unwisely took delivery of a MYP last September with a bad paint problem which they said they would fix as it requires a whole panel on the car to be repainted. To date they have not fixed it. Their reason, “The body shop is backed up”. If a Falcon door is not quite aligned, no big deal, but if their is a paint problem I will reject the car. Trying to stay positive though, as I have a recent VIN and hoping their QC is a little better now and thus I get a great car and delivery. 🤞
For those looking for reference on manufacturing dates, my manufacture date is 6/20. Delivery set for Monday and car is already on a truck and on its way, so it should actually arrive today as it’s only a one day truck transport from Freemont to Vegas. Depending on inspection, I guess I might get a call for earlier delivery being that it’s end of quarter and they are trying to get these off the lot as fast as possible. We’ll see. If it is delivered on Monday, my total wait will have been 519 days. Of course I'll post some pics and a brief delivery experience review once it arrives. Now to get a tint/PPF appointment set

Last edited: