Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I googled Tesla Model X US sales.
In the attached picture 2021 sales stop in June so I used 2019/2020 average

Attachments

• 46272B15-ED87-42A7-B3D6-CF018D18723A.png
    46272B15-ED87-42A7-B3D6-CF018D18723A.png
    341.4 KB · Views: 85
@Fulkth .. thanks a lot for all these helpful responses.

I’m in a dilemma here, and I hope you can help me to resolve it. I do have model Y 2020 and the reason I am looking to purchase model X is that I am not happy with the road & cabin noise and ride quality, I don’t want to replace the car, pay more and get the same quality.

Would please update us in regards to these two issues, cabin noise on freeway harsh roads and ride quality?
I haven't been in a model Y besides seeing them parked. It's definitely quieter than my model 3, but I also have a 2018 and those are a bit louder than newer 3/y. Honestly it's probably similar to a Y even though being larger and bigger tires, but the ANC should help a bunch whenever they get it going. Suspension is way better.

Funny. Or not.
Teslas’ quality is like a fairy tale. A real one though.

Of course Musk has so many orders that if he loses a customer or two - no one would notice. Or a thousand for that matter.

But damn, this quality thing could be a deal breaker.
Personally i hate driving cheaply made cars.
If a car has a 100k sticker - this must be a top build. No flying roofs. No rattles. No missing pieces.

What am i missing here?
A lot 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: Rb48888 and NGKempf
Funny. Or not.
Teslas’ quality is like a fairy tale. A real one though.

Of course Musk has so many orders that if he loses a customer or two - no one would notice. Or a thousand for that matter.

But damn, this quality thing could be a deal breaker.
Personally i hate driving cheaply made cars.
If a car has a 100k sticker - this must be a top build. No flying roofs. No rattles. No missing pieces.

What am i missing here?
My opinion is that it’s something like this:

The difference is that Tesla makes constant iterative advances, pushing the car engineering envelope beyond anything ever attempted before. This means that among the amazing advances there will be glitches that you wouldn’t have if you weren’t trying anything massive. Other car companies have gotten really good at shimming to perfection… gluing and polishing… putting in sound-damping stuff… Nice, but not revolutionary. Lots of touch up and preparation.

Tesla is working on, oh for example, whole-car casting. Redefining what a car is. Redefining mass production. Meanwhile their iterative vehicles have occasional glitches, but by the time you get yours, they’ve already developed better tech. Already over time there have been less issues. The day is coming that suddenly Teslas will be these essentially flawless (but simple snap-together) vehicles printing out every second off the line, and the average person won’t ever know just what it took to get there.

It’s something to that effect, IMO.

My opinion is that it’s something like this:

The difference is that Tesla makes constant iterative advances, pushing the car engineering envelope beyond anything ever attempted before. This means that among the amazing advances there will be glitches that you wouldn’t have if you weren’t trying anything massive. Other car companies have gotten really good at shimming to perfection… gluing and polishing… putting in sound-damping stuff… Nice, but not revolutionary. Lots of touch up and preparation.

Tesla is working on, oh for example, whole-car casting. Redefining what a car is. Redefining mass production. Meanwhile their iterative vehicles have occasional glitches, but by the time you get yours, they’ve already developed better tech. Already over time there have been less issues. The day is coming that suddenly Teslas will be these essentially flawless (but simple snap-together) vehicles printing out every second off the line, and the average person won’t ever know just what it took to get there.

It’s something to that effect, IMO.
With all due respect, the body panels, doors, hood and hatch’s have not been iteratively revised. It’s sloppy Workmanship. Their software is constantly being revised iteratively but coming out of Freemont the body’s usually the same. The errors in paint and seam gaps are consistently inconsistent.

Definitely better than my 3, I'll have to try calling some friends/family to see how well they can hear me, or have them call me actually so I can report on it better.
Thanks, my issues with my x 2018 was , people couldn’t hear me, but i can hear them good, even with noise in the cabinet. And yes the windows are double paned , can’t tell the for the back doors!