Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My way to solve the waiting time to Europe is to by a used 2021 X LR, produced last month in 2020 and given an M as digit 10.
This version has the longest official range 371 miles.
Now I could be calm and wait for confirmation on CCE contact on S/X to Europe and what the actual range would be. Of course, I also wait for Plaid deliveries to USA and later Europe.
I shouldn’t have sold my 2021 X Performance but the LR is good enough during waiting time.
Multicolour red as al always. Only closest people know about the change.

Will give me some extra time to not follow these thread so often.

Funny. Or not.
Teslas’ quality is like a fairy tale. A real one though.

Of course Musk has so many orders that if he loses a customer or two - no one would
Funny. Or not.

Of course Musk has so many orders that if he loses a customer or two - no one would notice. Or a thousand for that matter.

But damn, this quality thing could be a deal breaker.
Personally i hate driving cheaply made cars.
If a car has a 100k sticker - this must be a top build. No flying roofs. No rattles. No missing pieces.

What am i missing here?
Funny. Or not.

Of course Musk has so many orders that if he loses a customer or two - no one would notice. Or a thousand for that matter.

If a car has a 100k sticker - this must be a top build. No flying roofs. No rattles. No missing pieces.

What am i missing here?

notice. Or a thousand for that matter.

What am i missing here?
Funny. Or not.

What am i missing here?
All I can say I am delighted to be rid of my nearly $100k 2020 Mercedes GLS450 and driving my wife’s Model Y instead.
No longer do I have $800 oil changes, $100 fuel fill ups, uncomfortable seats unfit for long trips, impossible to use navigation, voice control that cannot find anything, very loud road noise, an extremely irritating/humming singing noise on concrete highways, software collapses that shut off all safety features, meandering self driving, seat belts that grab you when going over bumps, ineffective air conditioning, lack of leg and head room, dizzying overly complex dash switches and goodies, windshield wipers that go on when it’s dry and scratch the windshield, dealer only software updates, dealer experience overall, and rip off lease terms, lackluster acceleration and mileage, topped off with overall boring styling to mention a few things.

Our model Y has no gaps, rattles weird road or wind noise or other problems at all. It does have so much the GLS never provided - amazing fearless gearless acceleration, overall driving comfort and style, quiet cabin, FSS and safety features that work, no service needed, I charge from the sun at home from my Tesla array. I love talking to other people about the Tesla tech and driving experience, sharing the future with them, something I never did with the GLS. I actually look forward to driving out on errands because it is so much fun to drive, I am not burning gas, not driving a lazy truck.

Waiting since February for my RED/CREAM Model X! I have the second wall charger ready in the garage attached to my Tesla solar array. I am driving with the energy of today’s sun, not the sun of the dinosaurs. Just as Elon and the good people of Tesla have imagined!

I foresee an even higher level of satisfaction with the X above the Y, plus the coolness of FWD and the other X tech!. So yes I’ll wait for my X, happy my ICE life has passed. ICE will soon be gone as will the legacy manufacturers.

So yeah missing a lot!

All I can say I am delighted to be rid of my nearly $100k 2020 Mercedes GLS450 and driving my wife’s Model Y instead.
No longer do I have $800 oil changes, $100 fuel fill ups, uncomfortable seats unfit for long trips, impossible to use navigation, voice control that cannot find anything, very loud road noise, an extremely irritating/humming singing noise on concrete highways, software collapses that shut off all safety features, meandering self driving, seat belts that grab you when going over bumps, ineffective air conditioning, lack of leg and head room, dizzying overly complex dash switches and goodies, windshield wipers that go on when it’s dry and scratch the windshield, dealer only software updates, dealer experience overall, and rip off lease terms, lackluster acceleration and mileage, topped off with overall boring styling to mention a few things.

Our model Y has no gaps, rattles weird road or wind noise or other problems at all. It does have so much the GLS never provided - amazing fearless gearless acceleration, overall driving comfort and style, quiet cabin, FSS and safety features that work, no service needed, I charge from the sun at home from my Tesla array. I love talking to other people about the Tesla tech and driving experience, sharing the future with them, something I never did with the GLS. I actually look forward to driving out on errands because it is so much fun to drive, I am not burning gas, not driving a lazy truck.

Waiting since February for my RED/CREAM Model X! I have the second wall charger ready in the garage attached to my Tesla solar array. I am driving with the energy of today’s sun, not the sun of the dinosaurs. Just as Elon and the good people of Tesla have imagined!

I foresee an even higher level of satisfaction with the X above the Y, plus the coolness of FWD and the other X tech!. So yes I’ll wait for my X, happy my ICE life has passed. ICE will soon be gone as will the legacy manufacturers.

So yeah missing a lot!

I so enjoy and am living off your enthusiasm because that is exactly how I feel when thinking of my very first Tesla!

I just wish it can come sooner rather than later!

Oldest order that we are otherwise aware of is 8/20/20.. A good 20+ orders in 2020 This one is certainly the new oldest! I suppose it makes sense that he is getting delivery now in the first few to be produced.
@bluebear we're excited for your delivery!
Yeah, my reference was to people who ordered WITHOUT passing on a pre-fresh delivery. As our newest Lottery VINNER said that he passed on delivery for a couple of months.

Attachments

• 64302623.jpg
    64302623.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 69
Long time lurker but posting for first time since I received my VIN yesterday! Based north of NYC. Ordered October 2020 pre-refresh. LR/MSM/Black interior/22”/FSD.
Congratulations 🎉
I'm super curious... and will be asking all MX Lottery VINners (Is it a thing yet?)

What did your EDD say before your VIN was assigned? "January" 'TBD" or something different?

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
FWIW, I appreciate my SA even if he lacks the information as he always replies to my text inquiries and often times it within five minutes.

Me: Hi. Any updates on delivering more Model X’s. I see a lot on the lots but haven’t heard of many deliveries. Thanks!

SA: Nothing just yet. We are currently only delivering the 6 seat configuration on the X at the moment!

Me: Thanks for replying! Greatly appreciate it! Would you happen to have any insights on why they are only delivering 6 seat configurations and not the 7 or 5’s?

SA: They are making sure these cars are absolutely perfect. They have perfected the build on the 6 seat for quality. Then they will love on to the 5 and 7 — not sure which order they will follow for those. Of course!

This SA definitely has the heart.
Amazing!

I haven't heard from my SA in 6 months or so :\

This is ideal communication. Even if you don't have new/good/better information, communicate that you don't... Just keep communicating.

X has an air suspension with adaptive shocks. They ride smoothly at low and cruising speeds, but firm up at higher speeds and in strong cornering. This provides a wonderful balance of both smooth ride and high performance handling.

Cabin noise will depend on how well your individual X is assembled. Some will run quieter than others. In my 2019 they it had some wind noise at higher speeds. The service center put in some additional sealant (known issue) in the A pillar and it became the quietest vehicle I have ever owned.

Interior noise is also partially dependent on the road surface. Some roads are wisper quiet, while others can filter into the interior.

All this aside, the New X is supposed to be equipped with active noise cancellation, where the sound system speakers will produce cancelling sound waves to reduce interior ambient. Could be just what you are looking for.
Great analysis! Also wheel size plays a bit of a role right? Smaller wheels, more flexible rubber, less jarring road bumps?

Amazing!

I haven't heard from my SA in 6 months or so :\

This is ideal communication. Even if you don't have new/good/better information, communicate that you don't... Just keep communicating.

I totally agree with you. I mean he doesn’t take the initiative to contact me. However, whenever I text him, he’s always very responsive! And I totally appreciate that!

Reactions: Elixir and TWENT2
With all due respect, the body panels, doors, hood and hatch’s have not been iteratively revised. It’s sloppy Workmanship. Their software is constantly being revised iteratively but coming out of Freemont the body’s usually the same. The errors in paint and seam gaps are consistently inconsistent.
I don't know how much of a geek you are (I wave my geek flag with pride) but here is a fascinating (read Nerdy) look at how Tesla innovates and doesn't even brag about it. Most people don't even know that improvements are made.
Yes, this is about the Model S self-presenting door handle, but there are many improvements like this.

You people.. have a designated SA?
@Fulkth , please do not envy us... We DO have designated SAs...but also, we have NO MX 😂

The day I placed my order (2/14/21) I received a call and an email from my SA... We chatted a few times over the first few weeks, mainly making sure that I had all of my questions answered so that I could complete my checklist... But once my April EDD passed, I never heard from her again. :(