Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must have delayed delivery for quite a while! #pandemictime #amiright 😂 I think that the oldest order in this group (that didn't take an intentional delivery delay) was in December 2020.

Actually I'm November 2020. ordered pre-refresh. Kind of wish i had rec'd it prior to the refresh. I don't like the horizonal screen. I want stalks.....
I stand corrected... :)

@bluebear You must have delayed delivery for quite a while! #pandemictime #amiright 😂 I think that the oldest order in this group (that didn't take an intentional deliver delay was in NOVEMBER 2020.

What’s weird is that Tesla is well-known for making cars in batches and it’s possible that the S & X still share a single manufacturing line. So when we see an X, shouldn’t we see like 100 identical ones before they switch back to S or to a different configuration or whatever? How is it a thing that we see one at a time?
Those pesky interns hide the other 99 in Santa's workshop! Hope you are on the Nice list... 😁😁😁

Anyone reconsidering paying for FSD after seeing the current state of FSD beta (alpha)? I certainly am for my CyberTruck order.
Honestly, I drive enough highway miles that auto lange change is the element I want most.

This One scenario makes it worth it for me - and I replicate this scenario 6 times per year.
I drive 2.5 hours from Phoenix to Tucson at 10pm
Stay in a hotel
Speak at a leadership conference for (LITERALLY) 6 hours over the course of 1, 75 minute keynote and 3, 120 minute workshops - At the end of this I'm WIPED.
Drive 2.5 hours home from Tucson to Phoenix.

I once rented a MX with FSD "capable" and it had autopilot with auto lane change and it was a GAME changer. This is not in a cost savings, this is in time/life/energy savings. There are other scenarios that it will be beneficial, but that one is the reason I decided to buy a Tesla. I'm not that excited about autonomous driving on city streets (remember I live in Chandler AZ where I can open the Waymo One app and dial up a robotaxi right now if I wanted). But the FSD package does provide me the best and safest freeway driving experience.

I don't think that those two things are mutually exclusive. They make a run of them, but a truck with 8 cars can easily only have one on it depending on delivery windows and location.

Remember they're producing 1 MY/M3 every 3 minutes (not sure that I did my math right ... But 500k units per year is 22 units per hour... Which is about 1 unit every 2.7 minutes)

There are thousands time more MY/M3 too deliver, so the likelihood of seeing a truck with more than 1 or 2 MXs is low. Here's a truck that I saw outside of Bakersfield, California last week. I was snapping pics on the of chance that I saw someone's MX. (I didn't) 😢View attachment 736390
Did you guys notice the white bras on some cars in logistics lot? I was wondering about that... And thought that those are the front cars on the trucks. This picture proves it.

The interesting thing is that the bras are already on cars that are all over the logistics lot... so somebody has a specific plan for which car goes on which truck and that the particular car has to be loaded 1st....

I randomly wonder what my vehicle would go for on the market right now.

@Fulkth - you should totally poll this waiting room to see how much you could sell your MX for!

Honestly, if it was close to the end of the year and it was looking like I wasn't going to get mine, I would likely pay upwards of $130k for yours - I wonder what some other folks would pay.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Anyone reconsidering paying for FSD after seeing the current state of FSD beta (alpha)? I certainly am for my CyberTruck order.
I just got the 10.5 update a few days ago and it’s the third update since I was blessed with FSD. This latest update is huge IMO. 90% of the issues I had two updates ago are now gone. The turns are a lot smoother and it hasn’t tried to kill me yet. You can definitely tell that it’s improving. It’s nowhere near “ready” by any means but I’m now using it a lot more. Tempted to add it to my X now once I am declared a VINner.

@Fulkth - you should totally poll this waiting room to see how much you could sell your MX for!

Honestly, if it was close to the end of the year and it was looking like I wasn't going to get mine, I would likely pay upwards of $130k for yours - I wonder what some other folks would pay.
I’d strongly consider 140K if it were 450 mile rated range. That would mean I could tow 150 miles easily at a time, even in cold weather.

Reactions: gglockner
Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 9.05.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 9.11.38 AM.png

Found my car in yesterdays flyover

Last edited: