Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did someone say it here? I heard there was an off-site storage holding area similar to Kato Rd somewhere where they're storing X vehicles that come off the line. Hasn't been verified, so might be bullshit, but saw that somewhere...
When I called Tesla they said on their end it said my vehicle was in off site storage.

Are you guys taking into consideration how it is on the other side with Tesla? Insane demand, massive supply shortages up and down the line, unanticipateds with 1000's of balls in the air as they are expanding the lines? Yet they are still pumping the cars out, and doing better than the rest of the car companies in the midst of the shortages??
Totally agree. I am floored at how they are keeping up with the Y & 3 orders.
I’m frustrated but not as frustrated as most since I didn’t order my X until August.

However, the last thing I want is to get my new X immediately only to have significant issues down the road because they rushed delivery.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
New, old, topic I am sure. I just noticed that my MVOA (the order agreement) says the "Order placed with electronically accepted terms" is dated the day that I placed the order for the car, which is January 17, 2021.

Later, when they increased our pricing by $8,000 ($10,000 - $2000), my order date was changed to March 2, 2021. I did not make any changes to my order and my RN number is the same.

Did you guys who have a pre refresh order see the same thing? What is the latest order date on your MVOA?

I love that dark blue! Thanks for sharing the photos.
What are the tiny sun shades for? I'll need every sunshade made for the Model X (South Texas).

MX LR, Red, Cream, 5 seater, 20s, no FSD, Ordered 4/4/2021
Find a place that has experience on tinting the windshield on a Model X. I had the windshield and the front windows tinted to the legal limit and it made a HUGE difference on the heat and sun beating down on you while driving. The windshield is great for visibility but it does let a lot of sun in!

* Make sure the place is experienced. The first place I went to put two sections on the windshield. You couldn’t tell from the outside but it looked terrible inside. I had them redo it with one piece and they couldn’t get it right. They offered to take it off or I could take it as is for free. It has a few wrinkles on the passenger bottom but it didn’t hurt visibility so I took it for free. This time I’ll go to a place that does a lot of them.

I’m also 1144. Actually 11440. Let’s goooooo Nevada!
I’ve been watching you too since we ordered same darw
New, old, topic I am sure. I just noticed that my MVOA (the order agreement) says the "Order placed with electronically accepted terms" is dated the day that I placed the order for the car, which is January 17, 2021.

Later, when they increased our pricing by $8,000 ($10,000 - $2000), my order date was changed to March 2, 2021. I did not make any changes to my order and my RN number is the same.

Did you guys who have a pre refresh order see the same thing? What is the latest order date on your MVOA?
Yes mine changed to the latter date (when I accepted the new terms of the refresh).

So my date on my order agreement is 1/29, which is when I accepted the new price changes from my 1/14 original order date.

Find a place that has experience on tinting the windshield on a Model X. I had the windshield and the front windows tinted to the legal limit and it made a HUGE difference on the heat and sun beating down on you while driving. The windshield is great for visibility but it does let a lot of sun in!

* Make sure the place is experienced. The first place I went to put two sections on the windshield. You couldn’t tell from the outside but it looked terrible inside. I had them redo it with one piece and they couldn’t get it right. They offered to take it off or I could take it as is for free. It has a few wrinkles on the passenger bottom but it didn’t hurt visibility so I took it for free. This time I’ll go to a place that does a lot of them.
I agree I did one piece %50 on the windshield and the other windows %15, , i might go darker on the windshield!!

I just found out my original Dec 2020 order got updated to May 2021. I originally ordered LR Plus Model X on Dec 29th, 2020. I waited because there was no stock of Model X at all at the time. Refresh announcement came out on January and I was excited about it. My SA told me wait won't be that long so I waited at the time. Time flies and on May 18th, I got a phone call from Tesla. The name of the guy was Joshua and he told me that he will update my account with $2000 or $2500? (Can't remember correctly) discount for pre refresh order so I agreed. Is this why I still didn't get my VIN? Shouldn't they put my order as Dec 29th 2020 since that is the date I placed an order?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-185745_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-185745_Gmail.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 407
  • Screenshot_20211202-185803_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-185803_Gmail.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20211202-194305_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-194305_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 76
My SA still says they aren’t even building the X yet haha
When I called Tesla they said on their end it said my vehicle was in off site storage.
Tomorrow will be west coast Vin today, I proclaim!
Today I just got too frustrated with the wait for my Red/Cream 5 now 6 seater ordered on February 8 - revised to 6 November 1 - promised April then Oktober then January.
Sold my Mercedes GLS for more than I bought it for and driving to work in the golf cart. Grounded when my wife has the MY.
So I just bought a low mileage pre owned 2018 MX Red/Cream 5 seat FSD like I wanted from Tesla. It’s in NY so they have you pick it up in NJ and I will have a few days of fun driving it back to Texas. Saved over $20k. It may become more valuable each day I have it with new MX deliveries out to 2024 and prices escalating.
So I will take delivery of my 2022 Red/Cream 6 seat FSD MX whenever and eventually decide which one to keep or have two Red X’s and sell the 2021 MY. Might have three Teslas for a while, 2 being rare RED MXs for a bit. No more golf cart riding and being grounded. First world problems.