Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no standard rate but 2.49% is the lowest they will go now. When I first ordered my X in Feb, I got a 2.14%. When they cancelled everyone's initial offer and gave new ones, I got 2.49%. I went back and forth a ton with them and they swore up and down that 2.49% is now the lowest anyone can get through them. I haven't seen anything lower on this forum since that time but I have seen people with higher rates.
makes sense. I will try doing this in January(seems too optimistic looking at the current trend). I don't want to run any credit checks yet unless I get a VIN. Thank you for sharing the information. Sometimes I feel I can go to space and come back and the delivery won't still happen. TESLA is just super slow with MX.

Did it come with all the floor mats and trunk cover thingy or are they still missing?
Floor mats and trunk a cover are there. Tiny sun shades also there. But had to send my car back for service cus the right falcon door wasn’t closing properly at times. No ETA on when it will be fixed. All I got was “tech is still looking at it”.

With all due respect.. I disagree. Get flustered.... get annoyed... we are customers not Tesla's friends or family who should cut them some slack.

This forum is a great private forum to share our experiences privately but how does Tesla fix these issues is we complain in a vacuum.
We must be vocal.
We get ghosted for months.
We see Tesla tools send us incorrect information over an over.
EED's bounce around till they are completely unreliable.
One SA tells you information and the next SA either did not know or contradicts the other.

Do we need a petition and publish it on Twitter? A class action lawsuit?
I'm not talking about chip shortages or possible parts shortages. I'm talking about COMMUNICATION and how poorly its conducted by our vendor TESLA. They are selling us a product after all!

• If you’re a stockholder you won't be a fan of negative public attention, I say stockholders will benefit from positive communication changes which will increase customer satisfaction scores.

• If you're a fanboy you’re not wanting to upsetting dearest Elon.
In one of Elon's latest email detailed the three steps managers should take when they're sent directions. Musk told them to reply and explain why what he said was incorrect since he could occasionally be "plain wrong," to ask for clarification, or to execute the directions because "if none of the above are done, that manager will be asked to resign immediately."
If the majority of customers find the current communications process being Plain Wrong as a Fan you should feel empowered to tell Elon.

I'm not looking to simply bash Tesla, I have a lot a money invested in their products and this MX is not a cheap expenditure. I’m just frustrated with the "it's ok".. "cool down", "it's gonna be alright once you get your MX". The amount time lost with no clear information, the amount of plans wasted due to no clear communication, the amount of lost opportunities because of no clear information. If you’re upset, pissed off, frustrated or mad as hell it's ok. You're not alone.

Lastly canceling our order is not a possibility for many of us so... it's not an option so we must promote change. Just my $0.02
YES! All of this. I’m no Elon fanboy, just someone who really likes the car and wants to reduce dependence on petroleum products. But at the end of the day, Tesla is a business like any other, whose customers still pay the salaries of every last employee - even the CEO.

It would be nice to see tweets about the actual state of Model X deliveries, rather than weird memes about taking DayQuil and NyQuil at the same time. Can you imagine the BMW CEO tweeting about abusing pharmaceuticals and still keeping his job? Can you imagine your local Mercedes dealership ignoring emails and phone calls asking about a vehicle’s features or delivery date? It’s just all beyond unprofessional.

I want the car, but I’m also disgusted at the way we are being treated as customers. Tesla, do better!

This sucks, I feel like we lost all the momentum we had going.
Yea east coasters who didnt get a vin yet I think can kiss December goodbye, Only hope I have now that Elon email to go crazy at end of qtr will hold true to not see the first two weeks of January with no momentum. I was so excited earlier in the week but just dosent feel like it is going to happen now

Do they give you the option to pick which bank you want? its not a big deal, but given the opportunity I would like to go with chase, since I already seamlessly pay all my bills through them.
Same. I already have Chase but they approved me for US Bank, so now I need yet another login. I don’t get why it’s just random. They should allow you to choose or at least put in a preference.

Reactions: Mako11
YES! All of this. I’m no Elon fanboy, just someone who really likes the car and wants to reduce dependence on petroleum products. But at the end of the day, Tesla is a business like any other, whose customers still pay the salaries of every last employee - even the CEO.

It would be nice to see tweets about the actual state of Model X deliveries, rather than weird memes about taking DayQuil and NyQuil at the same time. Can you imagine the BMW CEO tweeting about abusing pharmaceuticals and still keeping his job? Can you imagine your local Mercedes dealership ignoring emails and phone calls asking about a vehicle’s features or delivery date? It’s just all beyond unprofessional.

I want the car, but I’m also disgusted at the way we are being treated as customers. Tesla, do better!
Sure, my BMW dealership answered my BMW X5 questions when I was there…. Only for me to find out later he was totally wrong. No answers and wrong answers equally suck.

Huge update: In the Tesla app, I noticed that the blue “manage” button has just changed from 3300ff to 3333ff (a whole shade lighter!) and the image of the Model X has shifted two pixels to the left.

What might this mean? Let’s dissect, analyze and scrutinize it for 100 pages! And then share everything with our spouses…..

I like how you think, Daddy.

Thanks for sharing @Stro. Still, it's a long way to go, My EDD still stands in January. Hopefully, If I get a VIN by the first week of January then will start exploring. Hope the rates stay the same. I will check with Alliant Credit Union as well.

Question - If you go with the other lender not with Tesla financing, does the process change? Like, we just have to work with our SA to get the loan set up?
When you use Alliant, they have a "Tesla" option. Because they've worked closely with Tesla, they take care of it all. Even ask for your paperwork to make sure all is good. Not sure on others

Yes, they initially gave me US Bank and I asked my SA to switch to either BoA or WF as I have account with them. You can also email [email protected]. I did that the last time I purchased a tesla and they reply in 24 hours. This time, they never replied after 3 days so my SA had to put in a request. I think your SA can do a lot of things much faster.
Did that involve another credit check with WF?

And now that you have vented for 20 minutes... did any of us get our cars any sooner? I don't mean for us to be dumb and happy... And yes, we should let Tesla know... But I suspect they have heard it all before and until there is serious competition, they will manage it the way they like to.

You said it yourself, It's NOT an option to cancel your order - If Elon Musk reads your email, that's the only part he is going to remember.
Are you guys taking into consideration how it is on the other side with Tesla? Insane demand, massive supply shortages up and down the line, unanticipateds with 1000's of balls in the air as they are expanding the lines? Yet they are still pumping the cars out, and doing better than the rest of the car companies in the midst of the shortages??

I'm happy to see many of you have became VINers since my last post. Congratulations! Here is my delivery timeline and experience.

[see my signature for order date, vin date, and specs]
  1. VIN received on Friday 11/27/21 pending delivery date - profile status remained at "we're building your car" January EDD (never changed to TBD)
  2. on 11/27/21 (same day as VIN) I Emailed my SA to ask him to reopen my finance page as my previous loan approval expired. Got a call from customer service to confirm that finance page is open and that the car is still in Fremont going through final collision inspections (during conversation I learned it had to do with airbags safety). He said it'll be sent on its way to Southern CA upon completion
  3. on Saturday 11/28/2021 - applied through Tesla with Tesla preferred lender. Got 2.49% APR 72 months. Decision/Approval was almost instantaneous.
  4. App updated with delivery date scheduled for 11/30/2021, 4:00pm. Pick up location was supposed to be Costa Mesa but Telsa changed it to Irvine SC. (note: a rep told me they just moved to Irvine from Costa Mesa. I didn't ask if Irvine is in addition to SM or replacement b/c I didn't care).
  5. Monday 11/29/2021 9:00am- got a call from Irvine SC to go over delivery process, and confirm payment. He also confirmed that the car has arrived and was onsite at their center. I told him i'm waiting to see my pre-refresh credits before I complete payment. He said it will show within 24 hours of scheduled delivery so check in the afternoon. That afternoon, I saw the credits and adjusted price. Completed payment on the app.
  6. Tuesday 11/30/2021 morning - completed e-signing all documents on the app. At 3:00pm - got a call from SC asked if they can have more time to prep the car before delivery and offered to deliver it to my house free of charge due to the inconvenience. I told them they can keep it as long as needed because I'd rather them get it done right than to rush to meet an arbitrary deadline. He was very appreciative and told me he'll call back with more accurate delivery information when the car is ready. At 4:00pm -they informed me that the airbag light came on during their prep delivery inspection. They'll need to keep it longer fix and I was removed from the delivery schedule. App status now says "TBD" .
  7. Wednesday 12/1/2021 10am - got a call from SC to inform me the car is ready. (note: He said mine is the 2nd X received in Orange County).
I know Tesla's lack of communications is frustrating but once you finally receive your car, you'll forgive all the neglect. The sooner you can accept this gospel truth, the less heartburn you will have. Trust.

Hope to see everyone on the "Refresh Model X Issues" thread soon. Good luck!
I wonder if the reasons @LadyMX had her delivery delayed (Airbag issues) are the same reasons that Tesla was VIN snatching yesterday and no VINning today.