Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• A3DDF62E-24F6-4846-9B50-CC640D4A49D0.jpeg
    A3DDF62E-24F6-4846-9B50-CC640D4A49D0.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 75
I think these number are not possible, i think it is like 200 hundred not in thousands
This has come up earlier. The car's serial number (last 6 digits) is not sequential-unique to the model. The characters before the serial are unique to the model. In this case the 2100 cars in-between VINs are likely model 3 and Y.
Otherwise 3286xx would imply they have made 328,600 refresh Model X cars :)

Reactions: flippingrich
Find a place that has experience on tinting the windshield on a Model X. I had the windshield and the front windows tinted to the legal limit and it made a HUGE difference on the heat and sun beating down on you while driving. The windshield is great for visibility but it does let a lot of sun in!

* Make sure the place is experienced. The first place I went to put two sections on the windshield. You couldn’t tell from the outside but it looked terrible inside. I had them redo it with one piece and they couldn’t get it right. They offered to take it off or I could take it as is for free. It has a few wrinkles on the passenger bottom but it didn’t hurt visibility so I took it for free. This time I’ll go to a place that does a lot of them.
How’s driving at night or during bad weather days with a tinted windshield? Does it affect your visibility?

This has come up earlier. The car's serial number (last 6 digits) is not sequential-unique to the model. The characters before the serial are unique to the model. In this case the 2100 cars in-between VINs are likely model 3 and Y.
Otherwise 3286xx would imply they have made 328,600 refresh Model X cars :)
They are unique though. However, they do batches and can skip some numbers.

I wonder if the reasons @LadyMX had her delivery delayed (Airbag issues) are the same reasons that Tesla was VIN snatching yesterday and no VINning today.
I think you might be on to something. I mean delivering vehicles with missing floor mats is one thing but with safety issues such as airbag, I don’t think they can release. Also, my 1 day old car is in service with no completion ETA due to falcon door issues. They still have some major kinks to work out for the MX.

I just found out my original Dec 2020 order got updated to May 2021. I originally ordered LR Plus Model X on Dec 29th, 2020. I waited because there was no stock of Model X at all at the time. Refresh announcement came out on January and I was excited about it. My SA told me wait won't be that long so I waited at the time. Time flies and on May 18th, I got a phone call from Tesla. The name of the guy was Joshua and he told me that he will update my account with $2000 or $2500? (Can't remember correctly) discount for pre refresh order so I agreed. Is this why I still didn't get my VIN? Shouldn't they put my order as Dec 29th 2020 since that is the date I placed an order?
It's been almost a year since the refresh announcement, but I remember them saying that you had until the end of February to update to the refresh version of the car. I'm not sure what would happen after that as I ordered in early December and the refresh update for me was locked in on February 9th.

The grass is empty. I think it's safe to assume no more December orders for outside CA. At least for me.
Or maybe they got their shipment of (insert 'missing part needed to complete assembly' here) and they're no longer needing to pile them up. Maybe it's straight from the line to testing to the logistics lot.

I mean, back when @gabeincal used to do proper flyovers, there were never any cars staged in side lots or grassy areas... It only started with Refresh MSs started rolling off of the line. They were missing some final part (or parts) now we're seeing the same behavior.

Hopefully the dearth of cars in the infield is a sign that (at least for a while) they have what they need.

Although, I am a little disheartened that we're still at Negative VINners for the past 2 days. I was hoping that Tuesday's run would continue through Wednesday and Thursday and both you and I would have our VINs. 🤞🏽 For next week.

Reactions: Stro
As @flippingrich mentioned, your VIN determines the model year, not the delivery date. Most VINs since 11/25 have been 2022 VINs (the N in the VIN denotes 2022, while M denotes 2021). irrespective of when the delivery happens.
To be specific, 10th alphabet denotes your model year. example my VIN 7SAXCBE57NF3275XX. All docs on my account point to a 22 model year. TBH personally, I dont think it matters with 2021 or 22. When you sell it down the line, Its a refresh model X close to release date.
It does matter for resale ..big time. And I'm happy I'll get a 2022 now!!

It's been almost a year since the refresh announcement, but I remember them saying that you had until the end of February to update to the refresh version of the car. I'm not sure what would happen after that as I ordered in early December and the refresh update for me was locked in on February 9th.
If that is true, I am doomed... It makes me so furious though. I did not hear single thing about lock in date. My SA told me that wait won't be long and didn't mention anything about update order.

How’s driving at night or during bad weather days with a tinted windshield? Does it affect your visibility?
I could not tell the difference, however , i got 2 other car did the same , when some drive either one, he notice it affect them when driving in low light street!! , it might because i use to the tint, but in summer { FL} , it is a big help to save on AC and battery.

Reactions: TWENT2 and LadyMX
HAHA, I've heard a lot about folks with MY orders with EDDs of March 2022 - getting VINs already!

Clown show is right! Imagine planning to spend the money in March and then getting the VIN in December.

(Hold on... I'm just going to take a sec and dream about getting a VIN in December 🤤 )
I ordered my second X January 2021, ordered a new Ford F150 July 2021, ordered a new Y two days ago.
Got X Vin Tuesday removed Wednesday. Ford never picked up the ordered and only fulfilled cheaper trucks, so they reordered the F150 Ranch King in November hoping it'll get picked up this time. Looks like the Y will be here early January.
During this time of Covid either have patience and look at the global picture or buy a cheap non complicated car.

Reactions: TWENT2 and Kaos_X
Are you guys taking into consideration how it is on the other side with Tesla? Insane demand, massive supply shortages up and down the line, unanticipateds with 1000's of balls in the air as they are expanding the lines? Yet they are still pumping the cars out, and doing better than the rest of the car companies in the midst of the shortages??
Excellent. I just wrote a similar post. Its 2021 covid....can you get anything else on time?