Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope sooner than that! When you get a chance, please enter your details below:

Done! Looks like we are part of the 1.96% of config popularity!

Reactions: Stro
Here's what you missed...

Loads of VINners -
(People who WON the MX Lottery became "VINners" and it became a thing - desperate people tend to think that they're creative)
Including many longtime lurkers "first time posters"
We looked skeptically at them even though we congratulated them... and secretly still believe that they're Tesla interns messing with us.

Some long time folks became VINners also likeThe Oracle, Mr. "I have a good feeling" himself, @EV_LIFE as well as OG @EL0NTRK (who posted on Page1 of the thread) got vins.

THEN even MORE people got vins... including someone who ordered in July 2021, and then another person (Monk something or other) who claims to have ordered in September 2021 (That's one of those interns we were talking about)

We got a deluge of VINs on Tuesday and everyone was on cloud nine!!! until we realized that no matter how many times we refreshed our accounts, we weren't VINning - just other people. We kept celebrating anyway.

THEN ON WEDNESDAY (dun dun duuuuuuuun) a handful of VINs were taken away - SAY WHAAAAAAAT!? - That was NOT supposed to happen.

Since then, we haven't had a single new VINner.

And I was accused of being an intern. And @Stro nearly quit the waiting room. And @LadyMX took delivery. And @jbrowdy had to be talked off of the ledge a few times. And @niogyn started calling @DaddyPig "Daddy" which I think is amazing and hilarious on so many levels. And the west coast (WA, OR, UT, MT, CO, NV, NM, AZ) is still waiting on their first VINner.

There is a sort of mix of joy and hope and anger, and pain all at once.

But other than that... just another typical 2 weeks in the waiting room :D Welcome back!
Nailed it.

... more ANGER....
Maybe you can lash out at the battery suppliers, the chip companies for personally thwarting you, the HUGE focus on churning out the biggest seller Model Y at the expense of all else, and the high demand peeps that are getting their cars before you. Everybody has gotta wait in line sometime. It'll get here. 2 years from now you'll barely remember the wait.

Here's what you missed...

Loads of VINners -
(People who WON the MX Lottery became "VINners" and it became a thing - desperate people tend to think that they're creative)
Including many longtime lurkers "first time posters"
We looked skeptically at them even though we congratulated them... and secretly still believe that they're Tesla interns messing with us.

Some long time folks became VINners also likeThe Oracle, Mr. "I have a good feeling" himself, @EV_LIFE as well as OG @EL0NTRK (who posted on Page1 of the thread) got vins.

THEN even MORE people got vins... including someone who ordered in July 2021, and then another person (Monk something or other) who claims to have ordered in September 2021 (That's one of those interns we were talking about)

We got a deluge of VINs on Tuesday and everyone was on cloud nine!!! until we realized that no matter how many times we refreshed our accounts, we weren't VINning - just other people. We kept celebrating anyway.

THEN ON WEDNESDAY (dun dun duuuuuuuun) a handful of VINs were taken away - SAY WHAAAAAAAT!? - That was NOT supposed to happen.

Since then, we haven't had a single new VINner.

And I was accused of being an intern. And @Stro nearly quit the waiting room. And @LadyMX took delivery. And @jbrowdy had to be talked off of the ledge a few times. And @niogyn started calling @DaddyPig "Daddy" which I think is amazing and hilarious on so many levels. And the west coast (WA, OR, UT, MT, CO, NV, NM, AZ) is still waiting on their first VINner.

There is a sort of mix of joy and hope and anger, and pain all at once.

But other than that... just another typical 2 weeks in the waiting room :D Welcome back!
the more we think about it, the more it seems as if the production/delivery team is going thru production hell. Maybe they're trying to add those amazing weekly or monthly upgrades that Tesla is so famous for and hit some glitches trying to make the product better for YOu! It's a gamble. Then they have to backtrack. I have those hellish type weeks and months on my gig from time to time. It's lucrative(I'm union) but It aint fun or easy. Or comfortable to communicate to fam and friends that you can't see them like you promised. And your body and mind is spent all to hell. That's what I think those Tesla production line/engineering/manufacturing dudes/dudettes are going thru right now.

And then the rest of us jump up and down like banshees cuz the EDD didn't pan out because January. Elons email to employees about not rushing for end of quarter sounds apropo for a multitude of positve reasons. For us. Especially stockholders. Me? I'm gonna ease up. It gets here when it gets here.

Congrats! I hope it sticks…. Lot of angry folks but Tesla’s incompetence is not your fault so enjoy!
I beg your ****ing pardon. Yes I said ****ing. Tesla is the most competent car company in existence. By far and it aint even close. If you read at all, you would know this. If you don't believe it, then get another brand. With our blessings. I love ya, but go take a look at that new Porsche EV its gorgeous I just saw one down the street the other day. And they'll treat you like a king as you so deserve.

OK end of my ranting. I'm down off my soapbox. My apologies!!

Last edited:
My Plaid audience is pretty small, but I know there are a few of us out there. Supposedly, the Plaid X is wait to clear some "regulatory" hurdles of some sort. I wonder what that could be? Maybe a car this big isn't supposed to be as fast as it is purported to be? Maybe they need to prove to some entity it's safe?

What are your theories?

4680! 😝 That is my wish and hope!

but go take a look at that new Porsche EV its gorgeous I just saw one down the street the other day. And they'll treat you like a king as you so deserve.

Our Notary who is driving a Taycan loaner did mention occasional issues where error blinking/flashing occurs(display, charging etc.). As far as “King Treatment” is concerned, our Test Drive appointment for a Taycan never materialised as the showroom/SA never even bothered to callback or even reach out after our scheduled appointment- and she was pretty clear to expect delayed deliveries if ordering as they have a backlog into mid 2022. So guess the current crisis is really changing customer relationship.

I beg your ****ing pardon. Yes I said ****ing. Tesla is the most competent car company in existence. By far and it aint even close. If you read at all, you would know this. If you don't believe it, then get another brand. With our blessings. I love ya, but go take a look at that new Porsche EV its gorgeous I just saw one down the street the other day. And they'll treat you like a king as you so deserve.

I’m sorry I’m too old to be a fanboy and defend a company like this. I’m paying them lots of money not the other way around. You can keep those rose colored glasses on, but their quality control, logistics, communication and customer service are absolutely putrid, especially for a company selling products in this price range. But god forbid anyone were to criticize Tesla when there are rabid fanboys online….. most of which probably don’t even own one…. Because when you spend over 100k and get treated like this your fanboyism goes out the window really fast.

I got this update today when I log into my account. If I hit update design, it takes me to an order page and my new price is $20k higher and my delivery date is December 2022. Has this happened to anyone else?

I ordinarily ordered in October 2020.

9E51013E-C686-4F56-84C5-634AA6F8235A.png