Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been able to find anything on when/how we'd be able to play the AAA games mentioned at the announcement like Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk 2077. It's featured front and center in the marketing material. Has anybody seen any updates on this? I'm assuming an eventual app store or maybe a Steam app of some sort, but right now seems like a news grabbing gimmick.

Also, any word on when will the front and rear screens have the ability to do 2 different things at once? Is there a feature roadmap anywhere, or just "yeah sure, in two years weeks..."
My guess is empty promise.

Really? Seems like we'd have that leaked by @verygreen or someone who took delivery of a recent S.

I don't think they can do a new light without new body work and they just redid the fascia.
Yeah that’s what they are saying on Twitter. Saying it looks like a model 3 style charge port. so yeah it would be a body modification. It’s hard to tell for me but they all seem convinced.

Look what I spotted in the wild! Nearly fell off my bike when I saw it after all the drama here haha.

MFG plates, so not one of ours…

View attachment 742954
View attachment 742955
And it has the rim inserts! For anyone who received 22s, I would reach out to Tesla and see when you’ll get them. I haven’t seen any so far delivered with them.

Reactions: Jwalker9 and TJPDX
Hmm.. assuming dinner takes ~one hour, HPWC could only give you 3-5 miles more than 14-50 outlet in that short period. Does it matter that much for a “long drive”?
Well that may be true for a model X.
For the Y, it’s 28-29 mph on 14-50, and 44-45 on HPWC.

And there have been times when (granted we stick to a hard limit of 20% SOC minimum… will not go below 20% SOC) we have a few hours to charge before heading back out and yes, it has made all the difference in the world.

Reactions: DIL
Well… even that technically hasn’t been proven yet 😂. It’s honestly crossed my mind that they’ll scrap the whole model in the middle of all this and try to get everyone into a Y or Cybertruck or some other version of the X. Anything is possible at this point.
I wouldn’t mind, honestly. I’ve been on the fence about the X since I ordered it. I know a lot of people who REALLY want a full size SUV with >200 miles towing range. This is the closest thing but it’s really not what I want.

(Yes of course the X is awesome, I love Tesla, etc… see my other posts)

Well that may be true for a model X.
For the Y, it’s 28-29 mph on 14-50, and 44-45 on HPWC.

And there have been times when (granted we stick to a hard limit of 20% SOC minimum… will not go below 20% SOC) we have a few hours to charge before heading back out and yes, it has made all the difference in the world.
Then it looks like your 14-50 is not true 50A rated. I don't have a Y, but according to Tesla website, 14-50 should give MY 36mph vs 42mph.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 6.03.05 PM.png

Then it looks like your 14-50 is not true 50A rated. I don't have a Y, but according to Tesla website, 14-50 should give MY 36mph vs 42mph.

View attachment 742997
Wow
I’ve been limiting the charge rate to 32 amps.
I thought that’s the safe continuous upper limit of a 50 amp circuit.

And no it’s a brand new up to code circuit on its own new 200 amp service (also powering a lift and an industrial air compressor etc). I feel dumb for going off memory on what amp limit would be safe! 😄

Last edited:
Wow
I’ve been limiting the charge rate to 32 amps.
I thought that’s the safe continuous upper limit of a 50 amp circuit.
Wow so I’ve learned something useful here.
Yeah the HPWC looks sweet, but I mean it plus installation cost about a grand, and I could have put in a 14-50 at home for $200.

Interesting. 14-50 is a pretty low entry bar to fast home charging. 👍🏻

Reactions: DIL