Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here some pictures I said I’ll post.
After the first day driving, I noticed some imperfections of interior and small scratch on the rim. Stop squeaking noise from the second raw chairs when on freeway But other than that car is amazing.
I’ve already scheduled a service the soonest they had is in two weeks but hopefully they’ll take care of all these small issuesView attachment 744825
Now I can't wait for my car seeing these pics

Reactions: Kfirusa
Good to know! Granted, I asked for this quote back in my young and dumb days of the beginning of this year when I thought I would be spending the summer in my new X. They might have changed pricing since then.
I just got quote for my X in the Minneapolis area, right around $5k for full car PPF. Still torn on that vs just front coverage.

Here some pictures I said I’ll post.
After the first day driving, I noticed some imperfections of interior and small scratch on the rim. Stop squeaking noise from the second raw chairs when on freeway But other than that car is amazing.
I’ve already scheduled a service the soonest they had is in two weeks but hopefully they’ll take care of all these small issuesView attachment 744825
The black trim with the white looks really, really good. Congrats!!

Reactions: Kfirusa
I have been on the model X waiting list since early December 2020 before the refresh was announced. Has anyone received their model X that placed their order in December 2020? They called me a couple months ago and asked if I wanted to switch to 6 seat instead of 7 seat and i declined that.

I have been on the model X waiting list since early December 2020 before the refresh was announced. Has anyone received their model X that placed their order in December 2020? They called me a couple months ago and asked if I wanted to switch to 6 seat instead of 7 seat and i declined that.
then you have to wait til they start to make some 7 seat, only 6 seat available now.

Yes ordered 12.19.20 but originally ordered a 6-seater configuration. Received a VIN yesterday. AZ based.

Just for fun, here’s some back of the napkin math to figure out when I’ll get my X, MSM, 6 seater, white interior, ordered 1/25.

Have fun critiquing my math.
My daughter was not amused by my mental math exercises.

26,100 Model Xs sold in 2020.
That’s 2,275 per month.

I live in Colorado, with a population of 5.4M, so we represent 1.6% of the US population (330M). Let’s round that up to 2% for the good of Wyoming.

If we receive 2% of X orders per month, that’s 45 Model X sales per month.

Now let’s assume 30% are plaid orders, that’s 32 long range Xs.

Between original 6 seater and 6 seater changers, that accounts for about 80% of Xs, so that’s about 26 Xs.

Let’s assume that some people (oh the shame) have bought another car and canceled their X order some time in the last 11 months. Maybe 1/3 of people have cancelled?

That leaves (9-1) 8 Model X orders who will likely be delivered before mine here in Colorado.

I saw two red ones at the SC today, so that leaves 6 ahead of me.

If they ramp up and deliver 4 per week, I should have a VIN in 2 weeks, and delivery by the beginning of January!

Take that, estimated delivery date.

Let’s forget all about the inconvenience of interior color, wheel size, location, blah blah blah. That’s no fun because it’s completely out of our control.

I know some of you have done similar calculations, but are too embarrassed to admit it.

Just for fun, here’s some back of the napkin math to figure out when I’ll get my X, MSM, 6 seater, white interior, ordered 1/25.

That’s 2,275 per month.

I live in Colorado, with a population of 5.4M, so we represent 1.6% of the US population (330M). Let’s round that up to 2% for the good of Wyoming.

Between original 6 seater and 6 seater changers, that accounts for about 80% of Xs, so that’s about 26 Xs.

Let’s assume that some people (oh the shame) have bought another car and canceled their X order some time in the last 11 months. Maybe 1/3 of people have cancelled?

That leaves (9-1) 8 Model X orders who will likely be delivered before mine here in Colorado.

If they ramp up and deliver 4 per week, I should have a VIN in 2 weeks, and delivery by the beginning of January!

Let’s forget all about the inconvenience of interior color, wheel size, location, blah blah blah. That’s no fun because it’s completely out of our control.

I know some of you have done similar calculations, but are too embarrassed to admit it.
That means we can anticipate you being a VINner by page 748 since we have been averaging about ~58 pages per week the last 2 weeks!

That’s 2,275 per month.

You are good all the way to 26Xs... and that's per month. Now, let's assume 15% cancel (not 1/3 - too high),so that's about 4 people... so, in effect they will deliver to 30 people on the list (within that list, 4 are declining/cancelling.)

From that point, why are you assuming that you are part of the very 1st month (in effect, the 30th person)? I don't see that part... so let's assume you are the 100th person... About 3+ months from now you will take delivery...

That’s 2,275 per month.

This is the DD that gets me through the wait! Thank you for the cheat code on figuring out the true EDD!

That’s 2,275 per month.

The problem is that they aren't delivering them in the order they were ordered. Yesterday we learned that an order placed two months after me here in Houston for the exact same configuration got a VIN and I didn't. Makes zero sense. So, the way I see it, I'll have mine by this summer at best since Houston is HUGE.

Sorry for your loss. The last couple of weeks have been quite a Rollercoaster. 11/30 got VIN 12/2 lost VIN and was quite upset about that then 12/4 my father had 3 major strokes, got a call from the sheriff to do a welfare check 12/6 so had them break in to check on him. He was unresponsive but breathing. Emergency flight to North Dakota on the 9th ( swore I would never go back their during the winter) and he passed away on the 10th. Being upset over not getting a car just feels silly now in the big picture. Trying to keep up with the pages of posts on here every day helped give me something else to distract myself with insted of just being overwhelmed with everything I need to figure out now. Also I have gotten more informed on what is going on from everyone here than from Tesla. Sorry for such a long rant.
Sorry for your sudden loss. This is the season to celebrate and also to appreciate and remember loved ones. We may all be strangers but we have definitely bonded through our experience with Tesla and interaction on this forum. Warm and positive thoughts to you and your family. Take lots of care.