Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off phone with SA
Said car is able to be pinged and is outside of factory awaiting to be shipped to Cincinnati location.. it will be the second one delivered to Cincinnati location which is the largest Tesla location based on revenue in their respective region..
Said that Elon’s email is/was BS because they have been as busy as ever and that “YES there is still a delivery push for EOY/EOQ..” he said car would for sure be at Cincinnati location prior to new year and that outside of issue with scratches/chips in paint that we should be able to get car by 26th/27th of December.. which means if you are hoping for EOY delivery the fastest you can get a car in Cincinnati/Midwest market is 7/8 days.. so all you wishful VINers there’s still in my eyes another week of VINing left to make that EOY delivery happen..
Also said my MSM X is still showing same lingo as this past Wednesday “building phase” but since the white X got a VIN clearly that lingo is irrelevant and VINing can happen at random regardless of being soft matched or not..

Said car is able to be pinged and is outside of factory awaiting to be shipped to Cincinnati location.. it will be the second one delivered to Cincinnati location which is the largest Tesla location based on revenue in their respective region..
Said that Elon’s email is/was BS because they have been as busy as ever and that “YES there is still a delivery push for EOY/EOQ..” he said car would for sure be at Cincinnati location prior to new year and that outside of issue with scratches/chips in paint that we should be able to get car by 26th/27th of December.. which means if you are hoping for EOY delivery the fastest you can get a car in Cincinnati/Midwest market is 7/8 days.. so all you wishful VINers there’s still in my eyes another week of VINing left to make that EOY delivery happen..
Also said my MSM X is still showing same lingo as this past Wednesday “building phase” but since the white X got a VIN clearly that lingo is irrelevant and VINing can happen at random regardless of being soft matched or not..
Yeah, we were hoping for delivery EOY Cincinatti location - doesn't look like that's gonna happen. We ordered LR 6 seat in June. Expected delivery was Jan, now has been pushed to Feb.

Reactions: flippingrich

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211218-133806_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211218-133806_Samsung Internet.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 79
Yeah, we were hoping for delivery EOY Cincinatti location - doesn't look like that's gonna happen. We ordered LR 6 seat in June. Expected delivery was Jan, now has been pushed to Feb.
Mine was blank-Jan-tbd-Jan-feb-vin-tbd immediately when I got vin
There is hope
Maybe not for a June order but for others
Good luck!

Based on this, I’m curious how many Plaid customers would keep the reservation if Tesla increased the price by 20k meaning you HAVE to pay that regardless of when you ordered.
I 100% would not keep it. In fact, I’m wishing I had ordered an LR because I might have a VIN by now. Smoking Lambos on PCH will be cool and all but I really need a car, like yesterday….

Congrats! I talked to my SA this morning and finalized everything. He mentioned the process to me. My car was loaded on a train at Fremont Thursday. The train stops in Chicago, then goes onto to Cleveland, then on east. The car is not routed to your specific market (Michigan for me) until the sale is funded. This might be a Michigan thing since their are weird rules involving the law that all car sales that take place in Michigan must go through a dealer. Anyway, since he said I “beat the train” with funding, the car will be routed to Michigan from Chicago instead of Cleveland. I found it interesting.

Do anyone else sometimes sit back and think this is unreal? Lol waiting almost a year for this car. Sometimes I can’t even believe it myself. I remember back when they announced it I was like darn I got a march 2021 EDD ugh I have to wait til march 😩 now the EDD is Feb 2022 😳
No, waited 20.5 months for 2016 X. Only got it "earlier" when I switched to 6-seater. (Cost $2k extra at that time)

God I hope so, dont know about you but my ocd would be killing me if I knew about the different stitch😩

I would bring it to their attention, and had it fixed once they have spare seats available for immediate replacement. Perhaps they have been doing different seats on many cars at this point?
Just actually checked the car in person today and the stiching issue was not there, it was a glitch with night mode on my iPhone.
IMG_3459.jpeg