Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the light show feature looks to now be programmable so we may see some cool community made ones in the future!

Wow. That’s so cool and definitely fun! Now up to 5 minutes show. 👍

I can’t wait till some creative people make and share another fun light dance for Model X.

I literally want my car bad enough that I’d volunteer at the Fremont Factory next week (on my week off). In return, Tesla would provide me my car at the end of the week.

*Tesla should implement that program - anyone with me?
*They could even charge a fee for the program
Haha love this - "Come donate your time to help us make money" A year from now we'll all be jaded with our doors doing the Christmas dance.

OMG…..just received a call from SC Carlsbad (SoCal). Asked if we could take delivery TODAY………..WHAT is this really happening? Now have an appointment at 2:30pm to pick up our MX. we ordered March 5, 2021…
check our account this morning and nothing had changed. Now we have a VIN and a pickup time TODAY…..I’m still in shock. Merry Christmas to us! We will never forget this. 👍🎄🎁🎅🏼💝
F2FE120B-3376-4FD8-B4F5-3671F5DCFADC.jpeg

I literally want my car bad enough that I’d volunteer at the Fremont Factory next week (on my week off). In return, Tesla would provide me my car at the end of the week.

I’m visiting family about an hour away from the Fremont factory. I actually considered reaching out to Tesla to see if I could just swing by and pick up my car, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I don’t want to spend 2 days putting 1900+ miles on my car driving it back to Houston. Especially if I’d have to pay taxes in California just to pick it up.

OMG…..just received a call from SC Carlsbad (SoCal). Asked if we could take delivery TODAY………..WHAT is this really happening? Now have an appointment at 2:30pm to pick up our MX. we ordered March 5, 2021…
check our account this morning and nothing had changed. Now we have a VIN and a pickup time TODAY…..I’m still in shock. Merry Christmas to us! We will never forget this. 👍🎄🎁🎅🏼💝View attachment 747982
Today is Vday 🧑🏾‍🎄

check our account this morning and nothing had changed. Now we have a VIN and a pickup time TODAY…..I’m still in shock. Merry Christmas to us! We will never forget this. 👍🎄🎁🎅🏼💝View attachment 747982
Check it out fully as it could be a rejected delivery due to quality issues.

Reactions: c_v_h and Stro
Has anyone found floor mats that fit the new model X? Trying to buy some before I get the car back from the shop.

Wow!!

I love this idea. I’d totally do it.

How? You’re in Louisiana. I am so confused. I’d totally fly to get mine too though.

I’m visiting family about an hour away from the Fremont factory. I actually considered reaching out to Tesla to see if I could just swing by and pick up my car, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I don’t want to spend 2 days putting 1900+ miles on my car driving it back to Houston. Especially if I’d have to pay taxes in California just to pick it up.
Paying an extra 1% sales tax isn’t bad.

I received a VIN today. Although good news, I’m disappointed it’s a 2021 for registration/resale purposes. I’m going to take it rather than be sent back to the mystery queue for a ‘22 VIN. The car will be delivered to my house in the next three hours. I will comb over it with the delivery checklist. Thanks to the forum contributors for the list.

Details:
Ordered 2/23/2021
Orange County, California
MSM/Cream
Always 6-seat
20” wheels
No FSD
“TBD” since 10/29/2021
VIN 5YJXCBE56MF3268xx
Build date = 11/4/2021
Factory gated = 12/17/2021
Delivery appt = 12/24/2021 @ home

Last edited:
IMO. I like the old Christmas dance better than this new one.
So the cool thing about this update is that you can program your own light show up to 5 minutes in length using a free program called xLights. I have been running a computerized Christmas light show for the last 5 years using xLights. I am very excited to incorporate my car into the show next year!

I stand corrected. Thanks for link.

I received a VIN today. Although good news, I’m disappointed it’s a 2021 for registration/resale purposes. I’m going to take it rather than be sent back to the mystery queue for a ‘22 VIN. The car will be delivered to my house in the next three hours. I will comb over it with the delivery checklist. Thanks to the forum contributors for the list.

Details:
Ordered 2/23/2021
MSM/Cream
20” wheels
No FSD
“TBD” since 10/29/2921
VIN 5YJXCBE56MF3268xx
Build date = 11/4/2021
Delivery appointment = 12/24/2021 @ home
Congrats, where did you get the build date from?

Details:
Ordered 2/23/2021
MSM/Cream
20” wheels
No FSD
“TBD” since 10/29/2921
VIN 5YJXCBE56MF3268xx
Build date = 11/4/2021
Delivery appointment = 12/24/2021 @ home
Interesting that the build date is 11/4 and it’s still considered a 2021 model.

Reactions: lauraut