Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to add some optimism..... (Me = MX LR 5 Seater W/W March 2021 - Nashville SA):
1 - Thankful we are able to buy directly from manufacturer
2 - Thankful we aren't dealing with Ford Lightening dealers raising prices
3 - And, thankful any increase in order prices are typically a choice - even if involving some false promises.

I bought a M3 Performance to hold me over back in August, I had a few issues with it (windshield distortions, rattles, etc...), but I love the car. I canceled my MS order. Gave my MY to my parents.

I am excited about the MX, therefore I feel for those who had converted pre-refresh orders and not gotten a VIN yet.

We can always look at Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car - the quarter-cycle of available inventory is pretty reliable (a lot of MS Plaids available). Lowest number of M3 available in a while. Hopefully this gives some insight into production ramp ups - although a MX NEVER has appeared to my knowledge...haha.

That’s pretty good. mt tesla trade in quote was 30k less than the others. May have been because in the photos I sent then I had my winter tires which are not OEM? Would expect a few grand less for that, not 30!
Wow. Well my trade in is a macan so a 30K differential would take it to ~10K. I just heard from a few others a while ago (>1-2 yrs) that Tesla would match the other offers...haven't heard anything recently regarding the trade-in valuation process.

I think a lot of us have similar personality types here judging by recent posts.

The next rung in the ladder we need to climb is getting one of us into tesla at the executive level so we can fix things.
I now feel like a chump with only a bachelors and 3 masters. I wanna be called Doctor too, damn it! PhD is in my future now. I always joked with my siblings that once I accomplished 3 Masters Programs, that my title would become Supreme Master which sounds WAY better than Doctor. But a PhD is something I always planned on doing as I want to teach at a university as a retirement job.

You’re not go into get out for $2k on that code……
I am holding out hope! Ferrari service says since they disappear and pop up at random times they aren't that concerned. An over heating clutch is the last message you want going below the speed limit on the highway 😁 I'll find out next month on the 16th how much plasma I need to sell to cover the bill.

At least Ferrari has people that answer emails and calls. Meanwhile Tesla... I'm quickly coming up on a year since I ordered. I know others have longer wait times than me. Another day of pain!

I now feel like a chump with only a bachelors and 3 masters. I wanna be called Doctor too, damn it! PhD is in my future now. I always joked with my siblings that once I accomplished 3 Masters Programs, that my title would become Supreme Master which sounds WAY better than Doctor. But a PhD is something I always planned on doing as I want to teach at a university as a retirement job.
Bachelor and only two masters degrees here so you are doing better than me!

This will be me with a PhD.

1641919563300.png

My belief is that all that have received a VIN for their LRs but haven't been able to schedule delivery have their cars on the field at Tesla still awaiting part(s). So any 'new' production that's been happening for the last week or two is purely Plaids which means I have zero chance of getting a VIN this month. I'm still waiting for February to change to March.

This will be me with a PhD.

View attachment 754585
That's great!! Actually in-flight emergencies happen often on my flights for some reason, and as an anesthesiologist I guess I'm kinda useful. Actually, to make this Tesla-relevant, in September I was on a flight to Barcelona and got called to assist in two emergencies during the flight (one was a legit emergency, had to start an IV, give 2L fluids, IV meds, etc) and for doing all of that for the airline, they gave me a year of free flights with two free first-class upgrades. Why is that Tesla relevant? Because THAT'S an example of customer service!

That's great!! Actually in-flight emergencies happen often on my flights for some reason, and as an anesthesiologist I guess I'm kinda useful. Actually, to make this Tesla-relevant, in September I was on a flight to Barcelona and got called to assist in two emergencies during the flight (one was a legit emergency, had to start an IV, give 2L fluids, IV meds, etc) and for doing all of that for the airline, they gave me a year of free flights with two free first-class upgrades. Why is that Tesla relevant? Because THAT'S an example of customer service!
Dude, that's awesome! The airline did you good. Tesla Air would just land a state away and claim they don't fly to your destination anymore. If you want to arrive at the original destination, you'll have to upgrade your ticket and wait at the back of the line and hope to find an open seat.

Do any of you ever worry about the feeling of disappointment/being underwhelmed once the car is delivered after so much anticipation? I check this forum and refresh my app many times a day to see what's the latest, but I feel almost as though I'm getting myself too hyped-up and excited which might take away some of the fun once I actually receive the car (it'll be my first Tesla). I liken it to the feeling I always got in medical school... before any major exam I was always so excited to finally be done with the exam and expected that feeling to be pure happiness; however, once I was finished with an exam I always felt a little underwhelmed, like "meh this isn't that exciting of a feeling as I expected". IDK maybe I'm odd?
I might add that I am a long time Tesla owner and the anticipation is fun. Nothing can replace that. On the other hand, the car is truly amazing. I never mind it running errands when I had my model X. You will love it.

And, if you want to still have something to anticipate and look forward to, head over to the issues thread once you have your beauty. I’m sure that will keep us all busy for a while!

My belief is that all that have received a VIN for their LRs but haven't been able to schedule delivery have their cars on the field at Tesla still awaiting part(s). So any 'new' production that's been happening for the last week or two is purely Plaids which means I have zero chance of getting a VIN this month. I'm still waiting for February to change to March.
I hope yours's in next and you get your VIN this month. I too believe that the delivery will be pushed to March. Seems awkward silence from TESLA.

Reactions: Stro
I wanted to add some optimism..... (Me = MX LR 5 Seater W/W March 2021 - Nashville SA):
1 - Thankful we are able to buy directly from manufacturer
2 - Thankful we aren't dealing with Ford Lightening dealers raising prices
3 - And, thankful any increase in order prices are typically a choice - even if involving some false promises.

1- Not sure buying directly from the manufacturer is a benefit or not. In theory it should be a benefit. But to quote the great Homer Simpson "In theory, communism works.... in theory". They manage to screw up the benefit by offering zero communication and zero cares about actually retaining a customer or treating them as anything other than as part of a total number of volume to ship at some point.

2/3 - For pre-refresh people Tesla DID raise prices, and we didn't have a choice. At the time, there was some very light inventory but because they lied about the projected delivery dates, it didn't make sense to look at their inventory. Us pre-refresh people did not buy a preorder. At the time we put our money down we were expecting to buy a production car with a normal production delivery queue. This whole "3 months turns to 12 months or more, and oh ya we have no clue when your car will come and your configuration might not even be available for" is not at all what we signed up for. Even when they did the bait and switch they downplayed it / lied to keep those customers.

Dude, that's awesome! The airline did you good. Tesla Air would just land a state away and claim they don't fly to your destination anymore. If you want to arrive at the original destination, you'll have to upgrade your ticket and wait at the back of the line and hope to find an open seat.
Tesla air would sell to capacity, but the plane is still tbd disassembled ;)