Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the link to the Google doc with VINs / Delivery date info? #Stro had it in his sig line which was my go-to place to find it. I am a June 2021 order date and I like to check to see if there are any new VINs close to my date,

Separately, is "EDD: February" the new EDD: [Later Month[ place holder? I was EDD: January when I ordered in June. In December I went from Jan to Feb. Is Feb still a possibility or are all of us EDD: Feb placeholders until they give us a new date?

Thanks

Yes, Giovanni in Nevada. He's also who reached out to me this morning and it did take a bit of tugging to get him to text me the no upcharge confirmation.
I got this same call from Giovanni. Same deal. He offered to upgrade from 5-seat to 6-seat MXP at no additional cost because I was already in the queue (April 2021 order). I asked him to confirm in writing and he said he would.

• Helpful
Reactions: studioloft
I got this same call from Giovanni. Same deal. He offered to upgrade from 5-seat to 6-seat MXP at no additional cost because I was already in the queue (April 2021 order). I asked him to confirm in writing and he said he would.
So smart!!! Get it in writing! Tesla has a proven history of going back on their word.

It might help to request you continue the conversation via email. The Tesla employee may be hesitant to send an official letter of documentation as it maybe could come off as hostile. If there were a way to do so, find a way to continue the conversation via email and subsequently obtain a written obligation from a Tesla representative through casual conversation.

So smart!!! Get it in writing! Tesla has a proven history of going back on their word.

It might help to request you continue the conversation via email. The Tesla employee may be hesitant to send an official letter of documentation as it maybe could come off as hostile. If there were a way to do so, find a way to continue the conversation via email and subsequently obtain a written obligation from a Tesla representative through casual conversation.
Thanks.

This is what Giovanni wrote to me after I asked him to confirm in writing:

Thank you for taking a moment to discuss your Model X order. We have confirmed that you will moving into the 6-seat configuration and you’ll be able to see the updated pricing within a few days.

Please log into your Tesla Account to complete any remaining steps such as financing or trade-in. The price adjustment for the 6-seat configuration will be made when a VIN is assigned to your order.

As a reminder, any additional alterations to your configuration will be subject to the latest pricing as stated on the order agreement.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
Hello all, is there anyone here that can answer my question? if so here it is. what's the lowest number Refresh X Vin we are aware of? like I know we probably will never know exactly what Vin, but at least wanted to see if anyone knew anything. because I am trying to see early my car was down the production line.

From the "Oracle"
Maybe? Below are at least the VINs posted in the spreadsheet. Excluding the 7SAX vins (newer), from the old 5YJX nomenclature the oldest documented here is 5YJXCBE50MF3263xx. Maybe. Otherwise our first hero @sunnyvaletree was one of the first 4 MX refresh delivered who could better advise.
1642037103297.png

I am seeing the same thing. I ordered a 5 seater Plai in November with ETA of August and an advisor called me today to let me know they cant make the 5 seater in plaid only long range and I told him I didn't want long range so he offered to change it to 6 for no cost. Good deal as I am one person not a family and don't need it but the individual second row seating is a much much nicer setup IMO, just was not worth coughing up $6500 for me. Just hope it doesn't push me to the back of the line now!
I wonder if I'll get a call soon? I also ordered a 5 seater Plaid in Nov 2021 and have an August ETA. Did they say what the new ETA is now?

Everyone keeps saying that production has swithed to MX PLAIDS.....For weeks now i've been checking 'MODEL X TRACKING' Summary pages & it hasn't changed much >Summary page shows under type of MX only 2 Plaids delivered??? 'Under Order Details' page..... Not many more noted..just a whole lot of empty spaces. Are members so excited when they get thier MXP's they don't fill in thier empty slots? 🙄 :cool:

Tempted to order now too despite not having an X yet. If anyone knows, will rear mats also become separately available at some point in the future as a separate item to order? Is that how it worked for previous model x's?
Is it going to be a 5 seat? A 4 seat? a 6 seat? a 7 seat? A utility van with just 2 seats????? Who knows??? And you are worried about the floor mats!!!! :cool::p:D

• Funny
Reactions: JimBob 909
Maybe? Below are at least the VINs posted in the spreadsheet. Excluding the 7SAX vins (newer), from the old 5YJX nomenclature the oldest documented here is 5YJXCBE50MF3263xx. Maybe. Otherwise our first hero @sunnyvaletree was one of the first 4 MX refresh delivered who could better advise.
View attachment 755123
Thanks, that helps answer most of my question, my Vin is 5YJXCBE53MF3267** so I'm probably in the first 500 cars built.

It’s a sign that the intern’s plans are working. “We’ve got those tesla forum people so wound up they’re talking about everything BUT the fact we are moving their dates and jerking them around. Success!”
Little known Tesla internship application decision guide:

“Place interns with sadistic traits on Model X delivery scheduling team.”

• Funny
Reactions: EV3_ and studioloft
Is it going to be a 5 seat? A 4 seat? a 6 seat? a 7 seat? A utility van with just 2 seats????? Who knows??? And you are worried about the floor mats!!!! :cool::p:D
You didn't hear? With FSD there is no longer a need for seats. 0 seats... 0% human 100% cargo.

Edit: This variant of the MX is a $6,500 upgrade.
Our mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. We do that by removing humans from the equation. #TeslaLogic