Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure. The order fee has risen from $100 to $250 since I ordered my LR. Is this completely non refundable? I mean given that any order placed now has an EDD of at least 6 months away. I don't see how it is a disadvantage to Tesla if I cancel my order 2 months after placing it, therefore it would be nice if the order fee is refunded. But of course, I am a dreamer.

It is supposed to be non refundable to prevent people from making multiple orders with no intentions of making all the purchases. But I was told by Tesla that I can transfer my deposit to another order so I think as long as you end up getting a Tesla you won't lose it.

• Helpful
Reactions: lexus26
One thing noticed today charging for the first time at home I used to get 32 to 33 miles per hour on my home charger(it is a chargepoint) on new model x it looks like 29 not a big deal but a difference for some reason
I have a Tesla Wall Charger installed in my garage and have noticed a slight increase in charging speed vs. my 2019 MX P100D. The old X, reliably charged at ~30mph using this wall charger. My 2022 MX Plaid charges at ~34mph using the same charger.

It's funny I have been engaging with Sawyer Merritt for over a year. The day after I sent him this:

He ignores it and is heralding the flow of Model X's. I sent him my tweet on 1/12 and he posts this on 1/13. o_O

I tagged him and many others in a few tweets of mine as well but no reply or acknowledgement.

I see, true, the good thing is you can always decide if a PLAID VIN gets assigned to you whether you want to continue with it or decline it an stick with the LR. Your thoughts on Plaid getting a price bump I think is very reasonable considering the price of the S Plaids we're seeing now. Even if they don't transfer your deposit over, it would be super nice if they did, the 250 loss isn't that hard to swallow, if a car comes in months earlier.

Im curious, is there any other differences in Plaid, I.e. design, suspension, etc, other than the extra motor and carbon fiber interior bits? The torque vectoring does sound cool as its currently present on my current Acura SUV and is does help at times when you push the car with handling when accelerating around corners.

Main thing is the Tri Motor in the Plaid vs Dual Motor in the Long Range which makes the Plaid that much faster (with a bit less range). Without the Plaid badge there really isn't a difference and the interior is all the same. So for me the main reason to get the Plaid is for what we think will be a much faster timeframe - not saying I wouldn't find the speed, etc fun but its a perk that costs a lot which for me does not increase the car enjoyment enough to justify the extra cost. And when I look at it that way, I don't make the order since I am basically saying is my impatience really worth $30K. But then I say, for $250 I think its worth it to have options and think I should make the second order.

That looks like an S? I suck though at pointing out things in these videos. Lol
That's definitely a Model S in the video. And also note, there are never three seats in the third row of an X -- always two. Five seaters have a three-seat bench in the middle row and no third row seats. Six seaters have two captains seats in the middle row, and two fold-down third-row seats. Seven seaters have a three-seat bench in the middle row, and two fold-down third row seats.

Reactions: Elixir
I see, true, the good thing is you can always decide if a PLAID VIN gets assigned to you whether you want to continue with it or decline it an stick with the LR. Your thoughts on Plaid getting a price bump I think is very reasonable considering the price of the S Plaids we're seeing now. Even if they don't transfer your deposit over, it would be super nice if they did, the 250 loss isn't that hard to swallow, if a car comes in months earlier.

Im curious, is there any other differences in Plaid, I.e. design, suspension, etc, other than the extra motor and carbon fiber interior bits? The torque vectoring does sound cool as its currently present on my current Acura SUV and is does help at times when you push the car with handling when accelerating around corners.
One more minor thing to add to the list differentiating the Plaid from the LR would be the subtleties in seat design. My Plaid MX has black piping on light colored seats. I believe the LR MX doesn't.

IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_1104.JPG

This is a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure. The order fee has risen from $100 to $250 since I ordered my LR. Is this completely non refundable? I mean given that any order placed now has an EDD of at least 6 months away. I don't see how it is a disadvantage to Tesla if I cancel my order 2 months after placing it, therefore it would be nice if the order fee is refunded. But of course, I am a dreamer.
no need to worry about the $250 order...I saw someone who listed a 2022 X LR for $149,000 and it was sold in a day...take delivery and make some extra cash

Main thing is the Tri Motor in the Plaid vs Dual Motor in the Long Range which makes the Plaid that much faster (with a bit less range). Without the Plaid badge there really isn't a difference and the interior is all the same. So for me the main reason to get the Plaid is for what we think will be a much faster timeframe - not saying I wouldn't find the speed, etc fun but its a perk that costs a lot which for me does not increase the car enjoyment enough to justify the extra cost. And when I look at it that way, I don't make the order since I am basically saying is my impatience really worth $30K. But then I say, for $250 I think its worth it to have options and think I should make the second order.
The third motor will allow for Torque Vectoring which should be pretty cool.

Reactions: Zygote1975
Isnt that a MS?
DAMMIT! You're right. I thought that I was all hot stuff, solving an unsolvable problem... I was so locked in to MXs that I didn't even notice that it wasn't an MX!!! DOH!

I even noticed that the opacity of the back glass was different, but I chalked it up to the difference btw 5 and 7 seats or angles of the sun or something.

Well, this is embarrassing

Well everyone, the big day has arrived. After nearly a year of waiting and waiting and waiting……

My twin girls are arriving today!

Sure, I wish that I was driving them home on Monday in my new X. Those FWDs, presenting beautifully as I strap them in to their captains chairs for the ride home.

For now though, I’ll just have to settle for my new girls. And hey, at least this is something to take my mind off the X for a few days. I’ll cut down my page refreshes from 20 to 5 or something.

Wish me luck!
Congratulations to you! Enjoy them. And I suspect this will take your mind off the X for more than a few days! 😊