Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Jersey has in my opinion the best EV incentives in the country. I got my Model Y in Jersey for $50k OUT THE DOOR. Amazing. $55k MSRP.

I feel that many people in NJ don't even know that they have such a great value
Any EVs that aren't Tesla get a $2500 rebate in Texas. Dealerships have too much power here and we have antiquated laws that work against Tesla as they sell directly to consumers and aren't allowed to sell directly to Texans... yet we have Giga Texas here now. Makes zero sense.

Scroll down to Vehicle Charging Speeds.
Look at 1st and 3rd row.

Now you can find out more info if needed.
I can't speak to the other chargers, but I have a Tesla wall charger on my refresh X, and I was getting 33-37mph on 48V. Pretty good!

Reactions: golferguy
Any EVs that aren't Tesla get a $2500 rebate in Texas. Dealerships have too much power here and we have antiquated laws that work against Tesla as they sell directly to consumers and aren't allowed to sell directly to Texans... yet we have Giga Texas here now. Makes zero sense.
I moved to Austin from SF (like so many others) almost 9 years ago and one of the first things I came to realize about Texas is how much of a walking contradiction it is, politically.

Texas to rest of country: Small government! No regulation! Freedom!
Texas in reality: We love protectionist policies! We tell you when, where, and how you can buy cars and alcohol, and from whom, all in the interests of protecting powerful families (the people who own Twin Liquors and Spec's) and car dealerships (no direct EV sales). We love corporations and will do almost anything to lure them here, but won't let them sell cars (Tesla) or sell alcohol (literally no publicly traded company can sell hard liquor in Texas)