Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Self-service or through SA/order support? Tweet seems to be for self-service.
I called about dozen SA’s and no one was able to make the change without adding the price increases. Sent an email to [email protected] yesterday and today received an email with the updated config keeping the original base price. I switched from 7 to 6 seat in hopes of getting the MX LR sooner.

I changed from white to black today and added 22” wheels. No change to my 2/21/21 price - but still on July edd in SoCal.
Interesting. This was the email reply I got about changing my June 21 order…

Attachments

• 32066C1C-F6A5-4DC6-BC10-2A23F52E4CE4.jpeg
    32066C1C-F6A5-4DC6-BC10-2A23F52E4CE4.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 85
Question folks… Has anyone gotten or considered Tesla’s extended warranty?
If so was the cost tacked onto the cost of the car? Bought separately? Please do tell 😉
They offered me an extended warranty on my 2018 MX after I exceeded 50K miles and I defintely would have taken them up on it if I had kept that car. I dont remember exactly but I want to say it was $3000.00 for another 50K miles

Reactions: lsds and KidsEyeDr
I stopped by my service center to see if I could find my X and was delighted to see it along with 7 other Model X! I checked out the build quality and besides one quarter panel window being a little tight on the edge, it’s perfect. Now I REALLY can’t wait until tomorrow 😅. Here’s some pics!
Looks very sweet. Cannot wait for mine.

Question for any brainiac-geek-engineer types on here:
Doesn’t the spoiler cut the total range? I realize the X needs the spoiler for appearance, but I question its value vs range detriment. (Yeah maybe a couple pounds of additional downforce at high speeds but how many miles of range given up* for that? Ten? 30?)

*at average highway speeds

Hi all, long time lurker, waiting like everyone else for almost a year now. Just got a VIN assigned yesterday, but it's a 2021 VIN. I confirmed build date was back in October 2021 and thinking hard about declining delivery to wait for a 2022 VIN. Am I crazy? Does anyone know how the declining process goes and what happens to our place in line if we do so?
It's a field X, but it may be stellar when you receive it. No way to tell until it shows up. Folks might stampede themselves to death to get hold of it. Just saying.

Interesting. This was the email reply I got about changing my June 21 order…
April 2021 order. My SA would not make the configuration without the price increase. I emailed order support yesterday and today received this reply, “Thank you for reaching out. You can make changes without being updated to current pricing however design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will impacted.”