Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla knows what the 2018 Model X is worth - we bought it from them as a CPO just 3 months ago. They know the fair market value, and Washington state also has a sales tax benefit for a trade-in.

Carvana lowballed it at $59,819 (seriously?!). TrueCar is in the ballpark at $76,825 but after the nightmare I had in December, I do not want to sell again to another dealer. Waiting on Tesla, Shift and Vroom, and might shop it to Carmax over the weekend. And thanks for the tip on Current - just submitted a request to them as well.
Same with me - CPO from Tesla as a temporary car as I could not drive to the office in a golf cart in the cold winter anymore . I bought my 75d in December and it too was purr-fect - but this new one is incredible - Mercedes has lost me as a customer!

Okay long range folks who have taken delivery, let’s hear about the driving experience? How does it handle on city streets? How does it handle on the highway? How do you like your set up to be For ride height and regen. For those not using FSD how is auto pilot? More detail the better as there aren’t a lot of videos showing long range.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
First time I meet MXP face to face
Today I visited Tesla Renton, WA and found that Plaid waiting for its owner to drive it home! how lucky that guy, I said to myself .
20220325_092656.jpg

I inspected the car just like its mine! lovely car, I do like it. looking forward to my VIN day😇

Care to share some specifics.. under what circumstances are you using it and what specifically do you like?
I use it to drive anywhere and everywhere.

Roundabouts are getting way better, less herky-jerky, almost human.
Left turns are getting much more human like.
City streets are getting better, less phantom braking. Also car is more reasonable about slowing down for turns (instead of making everybody hold on and experience the Lateral G forces as it careens around a curve -similar improvement noted in on-ramps).
Also it accelerates less fanatically as it takes a corner.

Still needs to plan ahead better:
Like, coming up to a light, at least offer the driver to move over to the unoccupied lane. And, get into the proper lane for the on ramp earlier.
Also on city streets it’s quite often getting into the exit lane one exit too soon. If there’s an exit lane to a parking lot / road where I’m supposed to go, and just before the exit lane to that parking lot/road, there’s another exit lane to another parking lot, it not-infrequently mistakes the first exit lane for the exit lane it’s supposed to enter.

Last edited:
His wife probably doesn't say: WTF is going on, while he is on FSD...

😁😁😁
Pretty much. 🤣🤣🤣
I no longer need to have the max FSD speed set to 20mph below the speed limit (with me controlling the actual speed), most of the time. I still am ready to touch the accelerator if it starts phantom braking.
The car is really doing well overall.

The next day after the delivery, found a defect. And this is quite an interesting story.

In the past, when I purchased Volkswagen and Audi, I got new cars with severely scratched plastic parts. So, I decided to ask the salesperson at Tesla to deliver the car without detailing. It was not even washed, and I removed all the stickers myself (this wasn't easy!). Still, the charging port door and the corresponding plastic part on the other side appeared to be severely scratched. How could it happen?

Were they scratched when they were unloaded from the truck? Or at the factory? Do you have the same issue?

IMG_1172.jpeg

The dealership that delivered a car with such a defect is located at:
750 E El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
United States

Last edited:
Picked up the car yesterday! 🎉 As everyone else mentioned, it's totally worth the wait! It's truly a great car! My impressions from the pickup experience:

1. Lost about $5,000 after being "blackmailed" by the salesperson that she would give away my VIN to someone else if I didn't pick up the car within 2 hours. This is just ridiculous because it took a day for me to process the payment. The problem here is that I had to agree with the high 5+% APR by Tesla Finance when I could wait till the next day to get 2+% APR by U.S. Bank. I didn't want to risk losing my $33,000 discount after losing the VIN, so I accepted the higher APR. The Tesla customer service is not just bad, it's on the edge of a crime.

2. The car was perfect. Don't believe people telling about the low quality of Tesla cars. Yes, some cars have terrible quality. But I'm sure the percentage of defects is very low. Some people reported missing parts, but I found extra parts in my car. Apparently, they changed some scratched elements during the quality inspection at the factory. By the way, the car was built just 3 days ago. That was fast!

3. It took a really hard pull to fold or recline the larger part of the backseat. The smaller part reclines very easily. Do you have the same issue with your 5 seater?

4. The location of the horn button is awful! I pressed it during all first turns. It got better by the end of the day though. The new yoke really requires getting used to it to drive safely. I hope this will not be an issue very soon. But it's hard to imagine giving the car to someone else who hasn't used the yoke before. I think you have to deactivate Auto Pilot before that to avoid accidental presses on the corresponding button.

View attachment 785770
who was your sales person? I have been to that store too

Got a text today. Anybody else got something similar? Not going to be too excited until I get the VIN. Hopefully this is getting close. EDD is still Mar 26 - Apr 16.

“Hi XXXX, This is Tesla Delivery in Irvine! We are approaching closer to your Model X delivery. We are expecting your vehicle to arrive in the next few weeks. Please note, that once assigned a VIN number- it is a fairly quick process to prepare for delivery- so we wanted to ensure we reached out in advance to allow you time to prepare. Please reach out to us if you have any questions regarding your upcoming delivery.”

I see they are giving people hours to take delivery? I was going to get DCU loan but the rate went up to 1.99% for 65mos. Fairwind Credit Union has 1.75% but it’s 36mos. I’d rather not pay cash so, trying to see how much time I really have once they call/text me again.

Reactions: lexus26
Today I went to Tesla Dublin, there were more than 10 model X there, I saw a plaid. They were waiting for inspection, and my car was there too. I got a call from delivery team this afternoon, they said my car passed the inspection and will deliver tomorrow. So excited!
I'm more familiar with Dublin, the capital of Ireland, than any other Dublin, so this confused me for a bit.