Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use it to drive anywhere and everywhere.

Roundabouts are getting way better, less herky-jerky, almost human.
Left turns are getting much more human like.
City streets are getting better, less phantom braking. Also car is more reasonable about slowing down for turns (instead of making everybody hold on and experience the Lateral G forces as it careens around a curve -similar improvement noted in on-ramps).
Also it accelerates less fanatically as it takes a corner.

Still needs to plan ahead better:
Like, coming up to a light, at least offer the driver to move over to the unoccupied lane. And, get into the proper lane for the on ramp earlier.
Also on city streets it’s quite often getting into the exit lane one exit too soon. If there’s an exit lane to a parking lot / road where I’m supposed to go, and just before the exit lane to that parking lot/road, there’s another exit lane to another parking lot, it not-infrequently mistakes the first exit lane for the exit lane it’s supposed to enter.
are you on 10.11?

1st non-vague EDD received today: Apr 4 - Apr 25.

OD: Mar 13, 2021
LR, white exterior, black interior, 6 seats, 20”, FSD

Pickup in Savannah, GA

After seeing many others with EDD getting pushed in all sorts of directions, logic dictates to not got excited quite yet. 🖖

Received same exact date range yesterday for Maryland order placed in Aug '21. Plaid / Red / Cream / 20 / no FSD (may add)
Any new rumors on when the matrix headlights might make their way to the X range?

New to tesla so I got a couple Q's for you vets. I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here that are new as well, so I will ask my question here as it might be helpful. (Mods, I'll delete and start a new thread if it's not ok)

So woke up to a few notifications and my range dropped by quite a bit for it being parked in a garage (10 miles or so). It says Climate has been on for 2 hours and windows are not fully closed. I checked the car is not set to auto, nor was the climate on. What am I missing here.

Also, got a message on the control screen that says USB needs to be bigger than 64? Keep in mind, I just picked up the car yesterday and drove 20 miles at most. can it possibly fill up that fast? Don't even know how big the usb is that comes with the car is.

Thanks!

Is sentry enabled?

Reactions: cjkosh
I picked up my Model X on Tuesday. This morning I go into the garage to get in and its dead. Completely dead. Won’t open, won’t let me unplug charger, wont connect to App. Totally dead. Tesla says the only thing they can do is tow this piece of *sugar*.

This is exactly what I feared buying this car. Never again. I’m selling this car immediately after its fixed. No one needs this *sugar* from a brand new 100K car.

Thanks stro, yeah i don't have self presenting doors on. Forgot that was even a feature. Traffic was pretty heavy yesterday, whats the solution? Does tesla sell a bigger usb than what comes with the car?
As we are trying to figure it out, I told my wife, it's like a big iphone sitting in the garage haha. geez haha
I use a Samsung 1TB external drive as my “stick”.

I picked up my Model X on Tuesday. This morning I go into the garage to get in and its dead. Completely dead. Won’t open, won’t let me unplug charger, wont connect to App. Totally dead. Tesla says the only thing they can do is tow this piece of *sugar*.

This is exactly what I feared buying this car. Never again. I’m selling this car immediately after its fixed. No one needs this *sugar* from a brand new 100K car.
Wow! Sorry to hear that. I thought quality control was getting better! I had a new Ford Transit for work break down day after I bought it. Transmision linkage. But...this is a MX we're talking about!

yes. you should sell.

• Funny
Reactions: John in LB
After 5.5 years service has taken a beating post Model 3 rollout but my local service center hasn't dropped the ball yet.

I had one failure and it was still able to be driven with a front drive unit failure and HV issue. Once I stopped I just couldn't drive but MCU worked and HVAC too. Just not gears. Car errors were numerous but clear.

I suspect this is bad 12V since they just switched to LiON.

I was able to update my LR 7 Seat reservation to a 6 seat with no impact to the base price, Order agreement was updated with the 3K price difference. I called the Princeton Service Center and they were able to help me with this change. Original EDD July 2022.
What's the date of your new Order Agreement?

Mine changed to the day the SA modified the order, price stayed pre-hike July 2021.

I will take it if you are not going to mark it up LOL. oh and my 2020 does that all the time.

I posted yesterday that I received my VIN (7SAXCBE68NF3377XX). Very exciting! With that, and a realistic delivery date range (3/23 - 3/31), I started looking at the tracking spreadsheet to see how my VIN compared to others. I copied and pasted the VIN info from the tracking spreadsheet into my own spreadsheet as to not disturb the entries. After a lot of clean-up, I determined my VIN was the most recent in the sequence. Good news, but how recent was my X built?

I called the number provided on an earlier post (510) 249-3500, Vehicles, New Deliveries, then said "Build Date" when prompted. A nice SA answered the phone. I provided my reservation number. She paused. Long pause. Then she put me on hold. Then came back with the answer. My car does not have a build date yet. It is still in production and may be waiting on parts.

With my delivery being in Southern California (Buena Park) it is possible I may get my car by 3/31, but that is really pushing it. I'm definitely not getting it 3/23.
After receiving my VIN Monday, and learning Tuesday my car was not finished being built, I called Fremont for an update today. My current EDD is 3/26 (today) to April 1st. The car still hasn’t been released by the factory yet. I’m wonder if they are waiting on parts.

That really sucks. Sorry for your loss.
There should be an emergency release for the charger. Not sure where tho.