Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ceramic coat already scheduled the day after my delivery for the whole exterior of the car. Does anyone have any information on ceramic for the interior seats? I'm thinking about it but not completely sold on it yet. I'm concerned about it possibly cracking or keeping the air cooled seats from working right. I have the white interior and I'm just looking for something that will give me a little protection on the two front seats. My 4 year old M3 LR has the white interior and still looks new with the exception of a little ink transfer from blue jeans - only on the driver side that gets used the most. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Quick update
I actually got my Model X today. 😍😍😍
It’s basically perfect. 💕And it is powerful!!!😊
I literally arrived, walked around the X, paid in the app, and drove off within a few minutes. Arrived home, and after all family obligations it was after midnight but I went over the Model X with those two recently posted checklists because I am already at 81 miles and needed to get that done.

The few issues it has are not deal breakers.
Plus I went with my woman who is a major un-Karen. I pointed out a few things and said “some people have rejected over this” and she was like “what the *sugar*?!? It’s fine!” (And btw she was like that about her Y also, so she’s being fair.)

So that helped me think rationally and overall it is basically perfect.

I totally love it. I am requesting service on the few little issues I found. View attachment 816344
That is one GORGEOUS 7 seater "minivan"! Just kidding!

Congratulations! This exact configuration was my first choice and I wished I should have listened my "id". *sigh*

Just did a test drive of this X and have a few thoughts. I had never been in a refresh before.

1) They think they are selling a Plaid, lol, but it is a LR. They want $160k for a LR. 😂 I think someone took the dealership for a ride. Also no FSD. Just wow.

2) cooled seats on a very hot day like today are good, noticeable, not aggressive but good, want these on my Y so badly

3) the yoke seems fine when driving and doing normal stuff. Only issue I had was when backing into a parking space I whiffed on top and felt like an idiot. But driving was better than expected and I could see acclimating very quickly.

4) the suspension is a lot softer (than my MYP) and handled bumps like I expect from an actual larger SUV. This was nice. Iirc I was in comfort, did not change any suspension settings.

5) had a shudder when accelerating from 10-40mph somewhat quickly. Not acceptable. This would drive me nuts on a new expensive vehicle.

6) the auto present doors and soft close are really cool. The FWD are more quiet than expected. Good leg room in 2nd row, this was a 5 seat configuration.

7) UI felt faster and smoother than on my MYP

8) The X does not look a lot bigger than the Y (to me when side by side) but sure does feel a lot bigger when driving

If I have time today I plan to go to another dealership in my area selling an actual Plaid (for $152k) to see if I notice the same shudder and compare the acceleration at reasonable city street speeds.

Walking into the dealership after my test drive I saw a new XM5 competition ($120k) and a pretty barebones X7 ($82k) which both had interiors that looked so luxurious and nice immediately after being in the X. I did not see an iX model.

If I drive the Plaid I will post a follow up.

Just did a test drive of this X and have a few thoughts. I had never been in a refresh before.

1) They think they are selling a Plaid, lol, but it is a LR. They want $160k for a LR. 😂 I think someone took the dealership for a ride. Also no FSD. Just wow.

2) cooled seats on a very hot day like today are good, noticeable, not aggressive but good, want these on my Y so badly

3) the yoke seems fine when driving and doing normal stuff. Only issue I had was when backing into a parking space I whiffed on top and felt like an idiot. But driving was better than expected and I could see acclimating very quickly.

4) the suspension is a lot softer (than my MYP) and handled bumps like I expect from an actual larger SUV. This was nice. Iirc I was in comfort, did not change any suspension settings.

5) had a shudder when accelerating from 10-40mph somewhat quickly. Not acceptable. This would drive me nuts on a new expensive vehicle.

6) the auto present doors and soft close are really cool. The FWD are more quiet than expected. Good leg room in 2nd row, this was a 5 seat configuration.

7) UI felt faster and smoother than on my MYP

8) The X does not look a lot bigger than the Y (to me when side by side) but sure does feel a lot bigger when driving

If I have time today I plan to go to another dealership in my area selling an actual Plaid (for $152k) to see if I notice the same shudder and compare the acceleration at reasonable city street speeds.

Walking into the dealership after my test drive I saw a new XM5 competition ($120k) and a pretty barebones X7 ($82k) which both had interiors that looked so luxurious and nice immediately after being in the X. I did not see an iX model.

If I drive the Plaid I will post a follow up.
Thanks for the update. I drove the iX at the same dealership and it's really nice. Black with the reddish/brown interior in leather. My sales guy mentioned the MXLR they had taken as a trade in, but when talking to him it was very obvious he had no idea about it. I also thought the pricing was NUTS for an LR, but, if someone made a tidy profit, good for them!

My MXLR EDD is still showing as June 29-July 20 and the plan is to take delivery and then if we love it, hang on to it. If we hate it, we'll drive it until the iX we've ordered comes in. With all of the EDD garbage from Tesla, we had to do something else, ie ordered the new iX. While we don't know exactly when to expect it, I'm sure it won't take 463 days, which is where we are sitting with our MXLR order...

Reactions: Jbapckfan
the suspense is killing me. My date of June 20th (originally 15th) is still on with no VIN. my third party loan ends on 5th but I leave for trip on 29th. I must get delivery by 28th.

Given tesla's bad track record. I am hoping for a hail-mary at this time...
Good luck to you. I hope you get it by the 28th. I agree that it seems like a Hail Mary for sure!

Reactions: Driver 8
Quick update
I literally arrived, walked around the X, paid in the app, and drove off within a few minutes. Arrived home, and after all family obligations it was after midnight but I went over the Model X with those two recently posted checklists because I am already at 81 miles and needed to get that done.

Plus I went with my woman who is a major un-Karen. I pointed out a few things and said “some people have rejected over this” and she was like “what the *sugar*?!? It’s fine!” (And btw she was like that about her Y also, so she’s being fair.)

I totally love it. I am requesting service on the few little issues I found. View attachment 816344
It looks soooo goood! This makes me a lot more excited since i have the same config as u

Reactions: lexus26
Quick update

Another major pillar of the community getting a car! I love it! There is hope for us all!

Another day, another shift in EDD. Truly frustrating. Went from a range of June 20 - July 10 to a range of October 29 - January 7.
Interesting. Only difference between our configurations is that we ordered a 7 seater. We are still holding steady at June 15-July 6. Wondering what will happen tomorrow when we are inside the EDD window. Wondering if the shift has to do with location?

It is exactly why I put in my order. I still feel it and the dash are like a work of art. The low speed parking lot shenanigans with the wheel are more than offset by the highly satisfying feeling using yoke in turns, and the new hand positioning. A wide 7 and 5 on the bottom rungs or especially the outside of the yoke, feel way better to me than a narrow and high 10 and 2 or 9 and 3 or 8 and 4 or even a gangster lean with an old wheel. And that ganster lean comment was almost sacrilegious, I know. But NOA is happier with 7 and 5 on the bottom rungs more than anything else for me too-- way less nag. I can still do a slight push twirl around to the yoke with the heel of my hand, especially since I switched yoke to the comfort setting. But I'll never go back.
I have only driven my X a few times so far. But I was struck each time just how comfortable the yoke is. And frankly, the 'parking lot shenanigans' are (IMO) simply a different way of driving that we aren't used to. I do think variable steering ratio in the future would be good though.

Thanks for the update. I drove the iX at the same dealership and it's really nice. Black with the reddish/brown interior in leather. My sales guy mentioned the MXLR they had taken as a trade in, but when talking to him it was very obvious he had no idea about it. I also thought the pricing was NUTS for an LR, but, if someone made a tidy profit, good for them!

My MXLR EDD is still showing as June 29-July 20 and the plan is to take delivery and then if we love it, hang on to it. If we hate it, we'll drive it until the iX we've ordered comes in. With all of the EDD garbage from Tesla, we had to do something else, ie ordered the new iX. While we don't know exactly when to expect it, I'm sure it won't take 463 days, which is where we are sitting with our MXLR order...
The sales guys was like “damn, too late now we’ve had it for awhile. I think they’re gonna lose a lot of money on this. Not my problem.”

I told him they might wanna remove “Plaid” from the window sticker, their online advertisements, and tell his boss they don’t have a plaid on their lot.

The iXM60 is interesting. Not a big fan of the monster front grills, but that is the way BMW has chosen to go. (I drove a 2014 550i and a 2018 M550i before my Y) Is the iX a real competitor to the X? Is it a 3-row? If your X and iX get delivered same day which would you prefer?

I thought I would use the fob constantly and also got these same covers..so far the phone as key with the keycard in my wallet as a backup works amazingly. Not carrying keys around in my pocket is just so nice!

I just open the doors when I’m walking up from the phone app so there is no waiting for it to detect the phone to auto present. Plus it’s just plain fun to tap all the door open controls from 40 feet away and watch everything open in a beautiful symphony of excess. Also nearby children going “wow mom look at that!” never gets old lol.
Ha ha, I’m quite happy pressing the black handles. I do like the car unlocking as I approach.

I think your Point is well taken. However, the only way Tesla realizes the lower margins on older orders is to deliver them. They can kick them down the road forever and never deliver if they choose. Currently though, I think their strategy is too very lightly sprinkle them in so their margins are not really affected much. As a shareholder my main concern would be the ill will Tesla is creating right now with so many of their best customers on delivery prioritization, product quality, and service (or lack there of). In 3-5 years when all these customers are again in the market for a new car, and competitors have lots of quality offerings and a national charging network built out, I think Teslas policies of today will really come back to bite them.

Agree with both posts on this topic.

My opinion differs a little when it comes to "Tesla policies of today coming back to bite them". Maybe, but my opinion is in 3-4 years when these customers are in the market for a new car, they will not weigh this experience as heavily as we think. Their decision will be made based on their experience with the car quality and performance as well as the experience current buyers are having at that time. I'm not saying pissed off customers will forget. But I think they will ultimately forgive IF the car is everything and more than what they were expecting.

6 seater getting pushback now.
Man I feel for people who changed to 6 seater last year.
I have an original 6-seater MXLR order from May, 2021, and after the widespread jumping EDD issues of a few weeks back, mine's continued to hold steady at July 30 - September 24 for weeks. Hoping that sticks, but given it's Tesla I assume I'll never get the car at this point.

I have ceramic coat already scheduled the day after my delivery for the whole exterior of the car. Does anyone have any information on ceramic for the interior seats? I'm thinking about it but not completely sold on it yet. I'm concerned about it possibly cracking or keeping the air cooled seats from working right. I have the white interior and I'm just looking for something that will give me a little protection on the two front seats. My 4 year old M3 LR has the white interior and still looks new with the exception of a little ink transfer from blue jeans - only on the driver side that gets used the most. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
I idid for my 2018 and my 2033 , no issues

Reactions: FDEWEESE