Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hate to break it to people, but HW4 isn’t appearing on the MXs right now. I should be getting delivery this week and confirmed that my VIN doesn’t have it and I also stopped by the service center to check the MXs in the lot and none of them had HW4.

45F416CE-2954-4E12-B674-55C7B8A46188.jpeg

Hate to break it to people, but HW4 isn’t appearing on the MXs right now. I should be getting delivery this week and confirmed that my VIN doesn’t have it and I also stopped by the service center to check the MXs in the lot and none of them had HW4.

View attachment 913781
Say what? That text looks like they don’t know about it… manufacture date of your vehicle could be helpful

Reactions: ShareLofty
Accepted delivery of a HW4 but the backup camera will not work. So, they took it back to the factory to work on it while we're waiting in the delivery center.

Before we accepted, we asked the SAs to show us the internal inventory screen. It said that this car's manifest contained "AP4" and radar "PHOENIX".

Here's some pictures that I took before they took it back to work on it: Model X Plaid HW4 delivery March 5, 2023

A couple things that I noticed while we were playing with it:
- the FSD Beta opt-in button is disabled
- the red calipers are metal
- it's running software version 2023.2.200
- no matrix headlights

Defects:
- moisture in the rear tail light
- leak in driver window seal
- piece of plastic hanging out of one of the falcon wing doors gaps
- backup camera doesn't work

Accepted delivery of a HW4 but the backup camera will not work. So, they took it back to the factory to work on it while we're waiting in the delivery center.

Before we accepted, we asked the SAs to show us the internal inventory screen. It said that this car's manifest contained "AP4" and radar "PHOENIX".

Here's some pictures that I took before they took it back to work on it: Model X Plaid HW4 delivery March 5, 2023

- no matrix headlights

Defects:

thx for the pics! I’m going to keep my reservation and see what shows up. I do a pickup on Friday so maybe it’ll have HW4 after all.

curious to know if the new backup camera will have a higher resolution, crossing fingers they fix it quickly for you.

The factory couldn't figure out the broken backup camera so I've got a service appointment scheduled for Thursday with a long list of those other things that need to be fixed. Sucks that Tesla can't even manage to QC the first HW4 delivery.

Anyway, after driving for awhile, here's a list of the camera-based software features that are currently broken, until they are fixed by software update:
  • Car agent representation on the legacy AP visualization (just the lanes are drawn)
  • Cruise Control, Autopilot, and Navigate on Autopilot (won't engage any of these at all)
  • FSD opt-in
  • Parking sensors
  • Autopark
  • Preview FSD Beta Visualization
  • Summon
Things working:
  • Lane rendering
  • Auto high beams
  • Lane keeping and departure warnings
Unknown: forward collision warning.

- no matrix headlights

Defects:
Thanks for confirming HW4 and for the photos!

With today's price cut, I'm ready to pull the trigger on ordering an MXP. :) Curious whether you see any difference in the cameras - in resolution or number? (As I recall, HW4 supports more cameras now.)

The factory couldn't figure out the broken backup camera so I've got a service appointment scheduled for Thursday with a long list of those other things that need to be fixed. Sucks that Tesla can't even manage to QC the first HW4 delivery.

Anyway, after driving for awhile, here's a list of the camera-based software features that are currently broken, until they are fixed by software update:
  • Car agent representation on the legacy AP visualization (just the lanes are drawn)
  • Cruise Control, Autopilot, and Navigate on Autopilot (won't engage any of these at all)
  • FSD opt-in
  • Parking sensors
  • Autopark
  • Preview FSD Beta Visualization
  • Summon
Things working:
  • Lane rendering
  • Auto high beams
  • Lane keeping and departure warnings
Unknown: forward collision warning.
Did your cameras finish calibrating before you tried to activate all these features? It can take anywhere from 5-50 miles.