Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The factory couldn't figure out the broken backup camera so I've got a service appointment scheduled for Thursday with a long list of those other things that need to be fixed. Sucks that Tesla can't even manage to QC the first HW4 delivery.

Anyway, after driving for awhile, here's a list of the camera-based software features that are currently broken, until they are fixed by software update:
  • Car agent representation on the legacy AP visualization (just the lanes are drawn)
  • Cruise Control, Autopilot, and Navigate on Autopilot (won't engage any of these at all)
  • FSD opt-in
  • Parking sensors
  • Autopark
  • Preview FSD Beta Visualization
  • Summon
Things working:
  • Lane rendering
  • Auto high beams
  • Lane keeping and departure warnings
Unknown: forward collision warning.
Sorry to hear all this. I’m scheduled to pick ours up this week. As a first time Tesla and EV owner, how exactly can I tell if it has HW4 and the Phoenix radar. I asked my SA and wasn’t even aware of HW4 and is convinced I will get Hw3

Sorry to hear all this. I’m scheduled to pick ours up this week. As a first time Tesla and EV owner, how exactly can I tell if it has HW4 and the Phoenix radar. I asked my SA and wasn’t even aware of HW4 and is convinced I will get Hw3
They can see it. If it says AP3 in the inventory screen, it doesn't have HW4. You can go to the delivery center and ask the SA to show you the internal specs before you accept. Don't pay until you do that.

Reactions: GoVols!
Here is a recap of Model X prices going back to January 2021 when the refresh was introduced.

1678123468232.png

I just received a call from some agent at Tesla and they were telling me that all refreshed MX without USS will be able to be retrofitted with new HW4 upgrades. Literally told me to not take what Elon said about not retrofitting as “not possible”. If the MX is starting to rollout with installed HW4 and radar from factory, that would be the better play then “hoping” it can be retrofitted. I’d feel like a fool picking up my MX this week with the AP3 instead of just losing $250 deposit and increasing the potential of getting one ordered with AP4.

I just received a call from some agent at Tesla and they were telling me that all refreshed MX without USS will be able to be retrofitted with new HW4 upgrades. Literally told me to not take what Elon said about not retrofitting as “not possible”. If the MX is starting to rollout with installed HW4 and radar from factory, that would be the better play then “hoping” it can be retrofitted. I’d feel like a fool picking up my MX this week with the AP3 instead of just losing $250 deposit and increasing the potential of getting one ordered with AP4.

Yea, non-USS Model X started shipping out a month ago. However, given the coolant pipe and mounting harness for AP4 is different than the AP3 (see leaked tear downs), I am highly skeptical of what this agent is claiming is possible.

If I was in your situation, I would either 1) put the order on hold, or 2) go to the delivery and find some minor reason to reject the VIN (you can do this 2 times). You will get assigned another VIN after that.

Well, problem solved whether my MX
Yea, non-USS Model X started shipping out a month ago. However, given the coolant pipe and mounting harness for AP4 is different than the AP3 (see leaked tear downs), I am highly skeptical of what this agent is claiming is possible.

If I was in your situation, I would either 1) put the order on hold, or 2) go to the delivery and find some minor reason to reject the VIN (you can do this 2 times). You will get assigned another VIN after that.
Well, my wife wanted to test drive a Tesla with the Yoke today before taking delivery and they had an MS available. So our problem is solved and canceled our incoming MX with the yoke and reordered one with a wheel. She and myself did not like the Yoke. It’s neat, very cool indeed but not practical for us. Maybe if it was our only car but going back and forth with our other cars with round steering wheels would be frustrating. I wish they still had stalks, this will be definite learning curve. Looking forward to our Blue, cream int.,20” wheels in the next month or two. Maybe we’ll get lucky with Hw.4