Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed S Jack Pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is where having a 3d printer or knowing someone with one is fun. Picked up 4 hockey pucks for $8 total. Found a model I liked on Thingiverse 3d Puck Adapter however these are sized for the model 3 hole. Played around with increasing size and found 103% was perfect for the refresh 2021+ Model S with my printer. Used PLA with 80% infill. Decided to machine some shallow blind holes on the reverse side of the puck to be able to snap them together for convenient/compact storage. Works wonderfully in all respects.

I have seen some comments that you should get the aluminum ones because a hockey puck will squish. BS! A hockey puck needs about 40 tons to squish, your entire car is a little over 2 tons. Hockey Puck VS Hydraulic Press

View attachment 790509

img_0503-jpg.790510
100% size and 100% fill with PLA on pucks worked great just now, plus harbor freight has these jacks for $109 (and 10% off for another couple days). I had a trolley jack from back in the day but without first putting this on ramps it wouldn’t get under the car.

IMG_6571.jpeg