Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Steering assist fault:

Steering assist fault.jpeg

As an update…. Traveled from ATL to Nashville this weekend. Was easily able to reproduce the issue on 2022.12.3.2.

Same issues as previous. A bunch of false alerts… tires, brakes, AP, etc. No internet or nav. Hard reset cleared it all. Software updates are not solving.

SC appointment Monday. Supposedly they are replacing computer. Will see what they do and give an update.

Reactions: Yoonoo
As an update…. Traveled from ATL to Nashville this weekend. Was easily able to reproduce the issue on 2022.12.3.2.

Same issues as previous. A bunch of false alerts… tires, brakes, AP, etc. No internet or nav. Hard reset cleared it all. Software updates are not solving.

SC appointment Monday. Supposedly they are replacing computer. Will see what they do and give an update.
Pls let us know if it fixes the problems! I have the exact same scenario….

I wonder if they had a bad back of computers. When does the sticker say your car was built?

So far mine is trouble-free.

Looks like these issues are appearing on my March 2022 build date Model S. I have a service center appointment for Tuesday. Let’s see what they say.

I had most of the same things on my plaid. They replaced the computer a few weeks ago. So far so good. I do still get some occasional shuddering in the back up camera but nothing like before.
If the camera is still malfunctioning, probably, the issue wasn’t fully resolved… Have you traveled for more than 2-3 hours and used supercharger since the computer replacement?

I think most people here are missing the point that even if the computer replacement helps, this doesn’t resolve the underlaying design flaw that caused false signals from sensors and false input from controls with a throttled CPU. This would only mask that serious issue.

I’ll point out the attention of the NHTSA investigator to that to ensure Tesla does enough to resolve both issues.

If the camera is still malfunctioning, probably, the issue wasn’t fully resolved… Have you traveled for more than 2-3 hours and used supercharger since the computer replacement?
Yes I have. I live in a high rise so I only can charge using super charger. The back up jitter is not like before, it was more of a freeze that lasted a second or so but the lines still worked. So if you weren’t paying attention you could back into something. They next day aired my computer back to the mother ship. As I am an Engineer this means they are trying to figure this out but not sure what the issues is. The same with the vibration, they don’t have a full grasp of the issues. I still have a strange one with the front left camera giving an error when it gets real dark outside. They are going to replace that in a few weeks. Oh and who knows why my handles just randomly auto present for no reason while I am driving. Wishing I waited for one of the other companies to make a car that’s comparable. I think the bugs have bugs in this car.

Reactions: mr-dmitry
Please just STOP non sense speculation.
Let listen to other owners and see how Tesla fixes their vehicles before jumping into a conclusion.

If you find posts from a specific person something you dont want to see, you can use the ignore function to not see content from that person.

Moderators really cant do that (for fairly obvious reasons), but its something I recommend to people when they appear to be frustrated with content from a specific person. You would still be able to see posts in the thread from others that are not on your ignore list.

From what I know, it came out from a purchased car.
From what you know (sic), is there any difference from these specific ES from a non-ES version? Sometimes ES can be different, and sometimes it isn’t and instead its just a way to produce while waiting for the expected certification.

Even a TSLAQ person on twitter points out that this is no big deal — mainly it just means that the supply mfr can’t warrant the chip. So Tesla assumes the liability themselves.