Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refridgerators

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone work in the industry that can share some insight as to what are brands (if any) that aren't junk?

$2500 LG fridge. 3 years old. Stopped cooling Tuesday night. Called Squaretrade who referred me to LG as LG extended the warranty on the cooling unit to 5 years as they're defective. Offshore LG person schedules service for this morning 8-12.

No one showed up. No one called.

By noon I called LG. They have no record of a service call for me. Gave them my RNN # and it was for someone else with a TV repair. Nice.

Asked to have someone come out today - don't care what time. Sorry, can't. Next appointment is MONDAY morning. Escalate. Escalate. Finally someone on shore who set up service for.... Monday. They even requested the pre order parts! I guess they just show up without parts and it can take weeks for them to arrive.

Reading online seems to suggest this is normal for LG (both the failure and the service mess) so I am debating on replacing the unit. But is anything better?

Samsung seems to have the same quality and service woes.
GE Appliances was bought by Haier in China. Pass.
Whirlpool? Are their units made overseas? Is parts availability better?

Higher end brands such as Subzero also seem to have their own issues. They're made in the US at least so parts should be easier to come by but there's a premium on the units for sure.

Are refrigerators now disposable appliances?

My garage fridge is an old Whirlpool that's 12 years old and it just chugs along. It was $500 lol.