Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refuel 2019 Track day Roll Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This weekend on June 30th 2019 is the annual Refuel electric vehicle track day at Laguna Seca is Monterrey, CA. I have gone the last couple years but this will be the first year going with my Model 3! There may still be room to sign up and go. You can always show up to spectate and for $20 you can go on the track for the parade lap.

Information Here: Speed Ventures - Track Event Detailed Information

Anyone else going to spectate or participate? What are you doing to prepare your car?

I uploaded some materials they provided a couple years ago that is really good to look at ahead of time.

My setup:
2018 Model 3 AWD
255/40/18 Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season
Removing rear seats for weight savings
May put in temporary lithium 12v battery for weight savings
Running two gopros for fun
Running $50K track insurance from Open Track

Attachments

• Flags.pdf
    750.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Track Checklist.pdf
    478 KB · Views: 73
I'll be there to both spectate and participate. I may only get in 2 sessions, as I'll be making the long drive back home.

My setup is in my signature. Still debating on whether or not I will purchase track day insurance.

I'll be there to both spectate and participate. I may only get in 2 sessions, as I'll be making the long drive back home.

My setup is in my signature. Still debating on whether or not I will purchase track day insurance.

That is a quite the setup! Looking forward to see your laps times! The charging situation is pretty good. 14-50 plugs all over but only 208v.

OpenTrack insurance was impressive inexpensive compared to the competitors. $50K = $223 with taxes and fees, 10% deductible. Anything less than that coverage level is the same price I believe and is calculated for anything over that.

That is a quite the setup! Looking forward to see your laps times! The charging situation is pretty good. 14-50 plugs all over but only 208v.

OpenTrack insurance was impressive inexpensive compared to the competitors. $50K = $223 with taxes and fees, 10% deductible. Anything less than that coverage level is the same price I believe and is calculated for anything over that.
Thanks! I won't be pushing too hard, as I just got the suspension installed, and still need to dial it in. I'm mostly going for the experience, and to get some time on Laguna Seca.