Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused Delivery MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White Y black interior, upgraded wheels, long range, FSD. The usual tiny blemishes and chips in hood and side mirrors we were willing to overlook, but the top right roof rail had blistering and peeling paint along a back edge, more noticeable when the hatch was open, only about 1/16 x 1/4 inch but you could see bare exposed metal. Then on the left side of the hatch at shoulder level on the body a weld had lots of extra gunk and splatter, raised off the body line by 1/4 inch and about 3/4 x 3/4 inch. It was like a huge hideous wart! Painted over but fugly as hell. Actual dripping (now solid) clear coat along left rear door along the bottom edge, several 1/8” rounded lumps. It was too much, and I won’t describe several other minor issues. Very disappointed because the interior layout was nice, great looking car but we will wait for another. Might be a while since the factory is shut down. We continue to enjoy an S that was delivered in 2018 very much, best car we’ve ever owned. Hopefully this QC issue is just teething problems for a new product line and will work itself out soon. And if the tow hitch is made available in the meantime, bonus!

• Informative
Reactions: omegafiler
that stinks. my delivery was canceled due to the virus closings, and my car was apparently given to someone else (the VIN is gone from my order page). but maybe just as well...
Hope it’s days or weeks for you, not months. I’m in MD and the order to shut down non essential businesses was the night before delivery. I was pleasantly surprised they kept the delivery appointment, but a salesperson said transport was considered essential.

Reactions: beezy and Aarons12
Hope it’s days or weeks for you, not months. I’m in MD and the order to shut down non essential businesses was the night before delivery. I was pleasantly surprised they kept the delivery appointment, but a salesperson said transport was considered essential.
yeah, i can pretty much understand delays and such right now. but i don't like that they took away the vin, meaning i'm back in line, but think they can just keep the money for a few weeks or months. in these times, it would be more comfortable with that in my emergency fund

Reactions: beezy and Supernaut
I was scheduled to pick up my Model Y on 3/26 in Rockville, MD. Just received a text message saying it did not pass pre-delivery inspection. White, LR AWD Black interior w/ 20" induction wheels. VIN gone from account.

Sounds like someone is doing their job then. Too bad you'll have to wait a bit longer. The OP in this post should never have been presented with that car if it had all those issues. That's a major failure by both the QC inspectors at the factory as well as the delivery team at his local SC.

Sounds like someone is doing their job then. Too bad you'll have to wait a bit longer. The OP in this post should never have been presented with that car if it had all those issues. That's a major failure by both the QC inspectors at the factory as well as the delivery team at his local SC.
I agree. This could be two duds on the same delivery truck. Sounds like this could have been one of the last trucks to leave Fremont before they suspended production. Can only speculate on whether it was a rush job to get them out. @Supernaut where were you taking delivery?

I was scheduled to pick up my Model Y on 3/26 in Rockville, MD. Just received a text message saying it did not pass pre-delivery inspection. White, LR AWD Black interior w/ 20" induction wheels. VIN gone from account.
YIKES... I‘ve heard of 3 MY’s not passing inspection for delivery out of the Rockville location so far in the past day.... my delivery date is scheduled for Sat 28th...but with everything I’m hearing maybe I should just prepare to be disappointed... VIN is 10XX