Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused delivery on MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla refused to fix all the problems?

2 months ago I bought my blue MYLR through inventory, it was a demo with 1300 miles, it was located in Austin (Pond Springs), a little over 2hrs away(trade in). the two right wheels had a little curb rash. the service advisor was real helpful and said they can replace the wheels. there were also two deep gouges on the front bumper. he said they can replace the entire front bumper. he help me submit the service request on my app. a few weeks later got everything replaced at my nearest Service Center(Cypress) for free. While waiting for the repairs, it was taking longer than expected, they gave me a loaner older Model S so I could go get lunch and run errands.

You think that's bad....

It's been a few years ago - but ----

My wife had a car that was a couple of years old that she used for work, and I had a classic that I drove back and forth to work. We both agreed that we would sell which ever one first. She went to work and sold it a few hours after she got there. When I got home someone was waiting to look at my car and I sold it on the spot. We had no communication throughout the day. When she got home from afternoon shift I asked her where her car was. Well you know the rest of the story. We could have backed out of one of the sales, but didn't think it would be fair to the people who bought the cars. Needless to say, we had to borrow a car from my brother. He was gracious enough to lend it for a month or so - so that we could find a new car.

We are almost at that point again -- I want to buy a new Model Y. So it's her 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, or my 2021 Model Y. We'll see which one sells first, but this time we are both retired, and in constant communication.

Lesson learned.
That is funny! Any chance you have home security footage of that interaction cause we'd all love to witness that conversation 🤣🤣🤣