Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The MYP is quite a performer.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a section of Mulholland Drive, facing the Valley side, which has a fun series of S-curves -- for or five of them, slightly banked -- and it's a well-known place to test the car's handling. I (safely, of course) take each new car up there to see how it does. Two cars back I had an Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, which was essentially a 4-door Ferrari, with absolutely incredible handling. One car back was a BMW M440i, which is bigger and heavier and not in the same league as the Alfa, but still a very good handler.

Well, the MYP is nothing short of fully impressive. I don't know if it's the Pilot Sport tires or the AWD or the low center of gravity (I'm being slightly cheeky -- it's ALL of it) but it truly hugs the road far more than I'd expected from a tall SUV-ish vehicle. It almost feels connected to the pavement. I won't say at what speed I attempt to take those S-curves when testing a new car but the MYP has no problem whatsoever with that task. It's a joy to drive, despite its size. The size will even fool you into thinking it shouldn't be a performer. It is. I've taken more joyrides, just for the sake of joy, than I typically do.

There's a section of Mulholland Drive, facing the Valley side, which has a fun series of S-curves -- for or five of them, slightly banked -- and it's a well-known place to test the car's handling. I (safely, of course) take each new car up there to see how it does. Two cars back I had an Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, which was essentially a 4-door Ferrari, with absolutely incredible handling. One car back was a BMW M440i, which is bigger and heavier and not in the same league as the Alfa, but still a very good handler.

Well, the MYP is nothing short of fully impressive. I don't know if it's the Pilot Sport tires or the AWD or the low center of gravity (I'm being slightly cheeky -- it's ALL of it) but it truly hugs the road far more than I'd expected from a tall SUV-ish vehicle. It almost feels connected to the pavement. I won't say at what speed I attempt to take those S-curves when testing a new car but the MYP has no problem whatsoever with that task. It's a joy to drive, despite its size. The size will even fool you into thinking it shouldn't be a performer. It is. I've taken more joyrides, just for the sake of joy, than I typically do.
You can tell us the speed. You can’t get in trouble. Police in Los Angeles & Glendale have to witness the speeding event to issue a ticket. Last week I videoed a guy smoking his tires in downtown glendale, a busy area. I offered it to police & they said they can’t use the video for anything because an officer needs to witness events.

The speed isn't relevant to the point I was making; that the MYP is quite a performer.

I also very much like its steering. I use the aggressive setting, whatever it's called. Sport, maybe. This car slices and dices, and also cleans up rather nicely.

Reactions: Bart404