Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused delivery VIN's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have always been curious when folks have refused deliveries if Tesla simply pulled the next person up on the list and if there was a listing of refused VIN's. I drove by the local SC yesterday and saw several Model 3's that had CA written with wax pen on the windows....some of those CA was crossed out and had AL, while others had nothing. these appeared to all be AWD vehicles, with a few being Perf.

I assume that based on the reason for refusal that a certain amount go right on out to the next in line. I see a lot of refusals around here that I would have accepted and a decent number I would accept and not even request the SC fix. On the other hand there are some we see where the panel gaps are ridiculous and the car needs full repainting and I can't imagine they even try to give those to someone else without repairs first.

that being said, these cars were VINS in the 70k's and 80k's.......don't know how many of these are getting refused

That is interesting, it seems like they have cleaned up the panel gap issues quite a bit with those higher VINs. Who knows if they will ever figure out the paint issues. Mine is a 70k range and the build was real clean but the paint had a few flaws, many here would have likely had Tesla repaint one of the panels that had like two thicker globs of paint on it, it looked like maybe the sprayer ran out of paint and I got a little of the chunky bottom of the barrel paint spit on to it. But after my detailer worked on it he got it cleaned up enough that it isn't noticeable without knowing where it is and looking real close in the perfect lighting so I let it go.

76k here. A couple of paint blemishes (series of drops) that can be felt along the front bumper panel gap but not easily seen. One ding on the A pillar that a little touch up paint should hide. Hood panel gaps are nice and even but passenger side sits low, maybe 1/4 inch height gap with the top of the front quarter panel.

Except for the ding, which is right at eye level on the driver side, nothing worth fixing — or affecting my love for this wonderful car. I wake up early just to drive it. And I work from home so I have nowhere really to go.

A recent written posted that he just received his new 3 with VIN 35xxx. Tesla has assembled over 100xxx vehicles.

Tesla's VIN procedures make absolutely no sense to me..... why not number the cars sequentially like every other manufacturer.
35xxx suggest to me that it has been sitting on a storage lot somewhere, and it makes me wonder if the vehicle has the recent upgrades in quality control?