Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen Brake Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know why I would get this message? Came on a few times today for the first time. Only a 400 miles on car.

Attachments

• BA090B88-AEDA-47BB-AD21-244B3CFA975C.jpeg
    BA090B88-AEDA-47BB-AD21-244B3CFA975C.jpeg
    644.6 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Battery was above 90% for sure and car was in my garage, this started about 10 minutes or so into ride.
I did a reset and haven’t seen it again...not sure what’s up.

As others said, it's normal. When the battery is very full, it can't absorb the energy from regen braking - so they software limit the amount of regen you get. This also happens if the battery is very cold for similar reasons.

• Informative
Reactions: duanra
You also should look at the power graph (horizontal line) under the speedometer to see how much regen or power is available. If you see dots on the left like in the picture below, that means you can't use that portion of the regen (or power if on the right side).

So in the example below, you have about 50% regen available and 100% power. Since the charge is only at 70%, it's likely that the battery is a little cold.

ha74ex068co01.jpg

Thank you all, makes sense now. Was concerned that it might be a new car glitch that needed to be addressed.
Great car, love the forum and the help!

Just for information, when the notice is green text and has the "i", it's information and not a warning. That means the car is letting you know what to expect, but it's not a problem or an error. Anything that's a warning will be yellow text, and includes an "!". Warnings typically alert you to the fact that a non-critical component may not be working but may recover, or that the car needs attention (low tire pressure for example). Errors are in red and they alert you to an unexpected problem that can not be recovered and will impact the operation of the vehicle. Most errors tell you to pull over or that the car won't be able to stay powered on.

Just for information, when the notice is green text and has the "i", it's information and not a warning. That means the car is letting you know what to expect, but it's not a problem or an error. Anything that's a warning will be yellow text, and includes an "!". Warnings typically alert you to the fact that a non-critical component may not be working but may recover, or that the car needs attention (low tire pressure for example). Errors are in red and they alert you to an unexpected problem that can not be recovered and will impact the operation of the vehicle. Most errors tell you to pull over or that the car won't be able to stay powered on.

Red will also tell you to put your hands on the wheel NOW on AP.

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8