Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registrant(s) on Delivery Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So both my name & my mother's name is in the registration and was wondering if there's a way to have just myself to be present on delivery day? My mother lives in NC and I live in SoCal. Well she caught covid (she's fully healed now) but feels hesitant about flying to Cali for the delivery day. Any ideas?

Other than removing her from the registration? I dont think so. When we picked up my wifes model Y recently, the information was very specific about all registrants needing to be present. Perhaps tesla has some other solution for you but you wont find it here on this website. If there is one, it would be in working with tesla.

Glad your Mom is doing better. You don't say whether or not both you and her are on the financing documents (if you are financing the car). Generally, all parties need to be present to sign those documents. I don't think I'd want to pre-sign anything in case there is an issue with the car - something that can't easily be corrected, and you wanted to reject it. That's doesn't really happen that often now (well, not for Fremont cars at least, who knows about Austin cars) but still, not a chance I'd want to take.