Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration of a travel trailer / teardrop camper / T@G ... and can someone please stop me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
Question one: I've been looking at Travel Trailers or Teardrop Campers, whatever you want to call them, specifically the T@G because it's the less insanely priced one. I'm in Texas btw

Do you have to get them registered? (I expect that's a yes)

Do you have to insure them? (I'm betting yes again)

How badly to they deteriorate your mileage? (I'm guessing they probably halve it - wait, should that be double it?)

Why are they so expensive?

I've never towed anything, though I did drop the extra thousand to get the tow package on the Y ... how hard is it to tow one?

Question two: are there groups that can perform an intervention and STOP me from going ahead with this? I need an extra vehicle in the driveway like I need a hole in the head and I don't know that I'd get much use out of it ... but it does look like fun!

Maybe I should look on Turo . . .

Edited to say: wow you actually CAN rent them for a night or so

Well, hope you went ahead and picked up your T@G, we really enjoy ours. Here’s a pic of our setup. Took it out for a month this last summer. Had a great time. Another pic to give you an idea of our Wh/mi, mostly interstate driving that segment.

Attachments

• 0314B1FC-7B92-4E8D-BE83-3100C310E451.jpeg
    0314B1FC-7B92-4E8D-BE83-3100C310E451.jpeg
    768.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 163D30E2-5EC2-4C9C-848F-E45B4AEFC0EF.jpeg
    163D30E2-5EC2-4C9C-848F-E45B4AEFC0EF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33