Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration of a travel trailer / teardrop camper / [email protected] ... and can someone please stop me!

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
Question one: I've been looking at Travel Trailers or Teardrop Campers, whatever you want to call them, specifically the [email protected] because it's the less insanely priced one. I'm in Texas btw

Do you have to get them registered? (I expect that's a yes)

Do you have to insure them? (I'm betting yes again)

How badly to they deteriorate your mileage? (I'm guessing they probably halve it - wait, should that be double it?)

Why are they so expensive?

I've never towed anything, though I did drop the extra thousand to get the tow package on the Y ... how hard is it to tow one?

Question two: are there groups that can perform an intervention and STOP me from going ahead with this? I need an extra vehicle in the driveway like I need a hole in the head and I don't know that I'd get much use out of it ... but it does look like fun!

Maybe I should look on Turo . . .

Edited to say: wow you actually CAN rent them for a night or so

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC