TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Registration Problems!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by tonybelding, Jul 14, 2008.

1. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

Lately I've begun getting complaints from people who say they can't complete the registration process. Obviously they got far enough in the system to successfully send me personal messages, but they can't post on the message boards. They've told me they aren't getting the confirmation emails.

I've tried creating a new account and was unable to duplicate the problem. I got the confirmation email okay.

I have no power to figure out what's going on with the server or how to fix it. If somebody with server access would look into this, I'd much appreciate it.

2. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

I was one of those with this problem. If anyone wants to chat with me about what I experienced I will be happy to ... though I am not sure I can really add more to it.

Kevin

3. Joseph

Joseph Member

I also had registration problems, but I managed to contact some people on the forum. Thank you to everyone who helped me. I hope this is only a rare problem.

4. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Although this was a long time ago, I also didn't get the confirmation email when I first registered. I had to PM to the administrator to become a full member. I use Yahoo mail. I'm also hoping it's just a rare problem.

5. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

If you have this problem. . .

If you haven't got the registration email, can't post public messages or view images, then you need to send a personal mail to user "dsacks6" or email to <[email protected]>. He can help get you fully verified.

6. Joseph

Joseph Member

I would suggest making this thread a sticky.

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

8. doug

Fixed!

Ok, dsacks6 tells me that the problem has now been fixed.

Here's how tomsax had described the problem, "When a new user tries to register, the form always returns an error that the "nospam" question wasn't answered correctly, even though it was."

9. shark2k

shark2k Member

Just wanna say I was one of those people having the problem mentioned by doug about the nospam question. Glad to see it was fixed and I was able to register. Thanks for getting the problem resolved.

-Shark2k

10. doug

Glad it worked out. :smile: